• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Competition List Questions (formally called Merit List) [MERGED]

June 28th my medical went up to Borden, i have been waiting since.
They said it normally takes 3-6 weeks to get it back. I called today just for an update and they told me to call at the end of July, but they also said that once that comes back ill be merit listed and then the next open session for BMQ i go. Hopefully its not to long, but a week ago i called, and he said people who are chosen between July 1 and 12th will leave on August 8th for there BMQ, i asked when the next one was and i was told before September now the recruiter said October, im sticking with September because its sounds logical since the Officer Cadets will all be going back to university at that time and the BMQ's will be open to NCM's.

Good luck and hope ya get the call.  :warstory:

Respect Maverick , good luck too , hope your paperwork gets goin pal .

hey shulaev congrats ...as for me..called cfrc told , my file was sent to T.O. to be evaluated and put on the merit list ...they dont know if it has been sent to ottawa for job offer evaluation....was this the same for u?? if so what was ur wait time??
by the way u processed quite quickly congrats man ..i read horror sories quite similar to mine

WTF , It still has to go to Ottawa ?I didn't know this ,  hmm I know I've been fortunate  not have any major delays *knock on wood* . Hope shit gets goin for you as well Paramedic . The funny part is I had to call them to find out whats up with my medical , they said it cleared on the 5th of July , Monday so Im hoping its in Ottawa by now . But listen all the best man its like a friggin lottery so far .  :salute:

Maverick said:
J im sticking with September because its sounds logical since the Officer Cadets will all be going back to university at that time and the BMQ's will be open to NCM's.

I'll be starting IAP/BOTP (Basic Officer Training) on September 13, as will several other people on here.  Only the ROTP Officer Cadets will be going back to University, and us soon-to-be DEO Officer Cadets will start. 

I believe that they run both BMQ and IAP/BOTP at the same times.  People on here have posted that they're going to St Jean for BMQ tomorrow, I believe, and as you said, the ROTP Officer Cadets are also doing their Basic Training right now. 

My medical was sent to Borden on May 28th, and it still has not returned.

Graham, have u had any major medical problems?
Anything that would delay it...

hey shulaev any news??  found out today my file is at toronto ..left for toronto on the 6th july hoping to hear some good new soon..trying to get back in shape ..got lazy bcoz of the wait...whats ur sit like ..getting lazy or still truckin...im in need for a real good morale boost right about now ..lol  keep up to date if u hear anything ..mine left a day after yours so if u get in ...im might get pumped up hoping im going next.. best of  luck man...

Shulaev said:
Hey guys , just got the word out of RC that i've been placed on the merit list after my medical cleared just after two months of waiting . Anyone else experienced this , how long did you wait for the job offer while on this list . Im just itching to get going (031) but the date is still very vague as no one has any idea as to when I may actually go off to BMQ . Share your experiences . :salute:

Shulaev ask your clerk thats in charge of your file when the board meets for merit lists for your trade 031. He WILL have a date. This is 'supposely" when the board meets to pick canidates for your trade. Now don't be surpirsed if they say its 3 months from now and you get a call 3 weeks from now but on the other end if they say its at such and such a date expect usually 3-4 weeks after that date at the latest to hear back about an offer. IF you dont hear back after a month of date that he gives you, then call.

Thanks Belkin , hmm thats discouraging but thanks for the advice I will seek to it . Actually the man I spoke on the phone with  at Hamilton (cause Missassauga doesnt pick up the phone for some reason)told me he knows for a fact that there are a bunch of infantry position open and that I will most likely get in before the end of the summer which is good news for all us Grasshoppers Paramedic . As for keeping fit well lets put it this way im in the same boat as you man cause no concrete dates have been set for anything , and judging by some of the posts I noticed that the CF may jam the whole procedure within a week and give you very little notice , and before you know it youre off to basic , and youre still like wtf I forgot to quit my job . :salute:
PS ; will let you know Paramedic if i get the call you should do likewise

Aww Bollocks , just called CFRC dude told me that the next merit board comes together in September . Belkin I sincerely hope youre right about their board meetings man .

Spasibo Poka .

Shulaev said:
Aww Bollocks , just called CFRC dude told me that the next merit board comes together in September . Belkin I sincerely hope youre right about their board meetings man .

Spasibo Poka .

I am. Cause my friend gets swore in, in hamilton august 4th who was on a merit list for september 18th also but not infantry. He was pleasantly surpirsed by the call which came two months early. So either you'll get called any day from now, or at the latest first week of october. Best and only thing, is at least you know.

thanks for the insight man , I hope lady luck smiles at me as well .  :salute:

I have been merit listed for over a month now  and was told i missed mays slection boards because i didint get merit listed in time, I have also been told that the next selection board for 031 infantry is around september.

I am really getting pissed off with this crap, been in the process for 13 months now and am getting sick a tired of waiting, I am also planning on calling them tomorrow and see if they give me a different story.

Medicals take up to four months to come back from Borden and the average is about two so don't panic if you haven't received it yet. Most recruiters are pretty diligent about phoning their charges as soon as there is any movements to be made in your file, however, like any job, you should take the bull by the horns and call these guys regularly (Every two weeks or so should be good enough) that way they never forget you.

As far as the wait time after being merit listed....It was explained to me that once you are merit listed the wait is on for your trade (The one you were merit listed for) to open up. When it does open up then you compete just like any other person. The merit list for certain trades is in constant motion IE, combat arms, navy trades, etc. meaning that the merit list usually doesn't have someone on it for too long because jobs are opening up constantly. For a trade such as Fire Fighter (I will only comment on this one because I have experience with it) the merit list may be much longer because so many people apply for this trade.

Good Luck!

hey shulaev got an update today ..got merit listed ..so im on a wait now ...for the ottawa board to decide..
ppl the system does work BUT ud'd be better of if ur recruiter gave u good info  about wait tiimes and sites like THIS ONE..
and if the board sit date is a affirmative then  CRAP CRAPPITY CRAP <<thinnk crap is still legal or ok to say>> gotta watch what i say or the boggieman is gonna get me!! lol (yeah by the way that was a JOKE) shite  i feel like don cherry

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Too bad about the September date , lets hope for a muck up (actually lets not) , hopefully by some chance we'll get the call before the bloody September date , nothing like doing exercises bareassed in the canadian fall/winter . Anyone know what happens if you didnt know which unit you would like to serve in when they asked you during the interview , someone still is going to ask me whether it will be the RCR ,PPCLI , Dragoons right?

Shulaev said:
Too bad about the September date , lets hope for a muck up (actually lets not) , hopefully by some chance we'll get the call before the bloody September date , nothing like doing exercises bareassed in the canadian fall/winter . Anyone know what happens if you didnt know which unit you would like to serve in when they asked you during the interview , someone still is going to ask me whether it will be the RCR ,PPCLI , Dragoons right?

they may ask, but if you have no perference then say you have no perference,you'll be put where you are needed. The selection board when they make an offer to you, you will be told where the infantry position is. Regiment and battalion. You will have a choose as to which company you'd like to serve in but this comes in BIQ your ql3.

As for training in the fall/winter it has its ups and downs. Yes its cold but there are no mosquitios, no intense heat, no ankle deep mud etc etc besides you going to have to do training sometime in the winter. Your not going to get use to it, but your just going to get tougher/thick skinned.

Hmm i hope one of the paracoy spots will be open that is if the ninja/sniper spot isn't up for grabs ^-^ , Nah seriously I look forward towards experiencing the grizzly weather . I so glad im in the final stages of the process , have to feel bad for some of the kids that are just submitting their paperwork , ouch :-\

You will have a choose as to which company you'd like to serve in but this comes in BIQ your ql3.

Is this really true?  So if you make some really awesome buddies at BMQ you could all request the same company and serve together?
I mean I'm prepared to see buddies come and go here and there through courses and transfers and stuff, but coming up right from basic with other people and doing everything from living/working on base to possibly patroling together on operations overseas would be awesome and even comforting at times.  Of course you would have some tight bonds at the unit level anyway, but I think that starting right from the word go together would make it a whole other experience.

Anyway, is it common to end up with the same people you went though basic with?

Back