• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civilian Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGOS

Inactive
Reaction score
While I would love to serve in the military, there are a number of closed doors which stand in my way. Mainly my health, no matter how fit I may become, I have chronic problems which I feel would limit my ability to serve properly as a member of the Armed Forces. The other closed doors, include my fathers unwillingness to see me serve (since he did himself), my mother, my girlfriend and so on and so forth.

As I have very close and good relations with my family and my girlfriend, and I feel that physically and mentally I could not serve without feeling that I am placing my fellow service men and women at risk. I feel that active service in the reserve or in the regular force is unfortunately out of the question.

Thus, I wonder if and what kind of civilian employment opportunities exist. I wish to serve in some capability.

It is amazing when can happened when you use a search function, such as google:

http://jobs-emplois.gc.ca/

JELEŃ said:
While I would love to serve in the military, there are a number of closed doors which stand in my way. Mainly my health, no matter how fit I may become, I have chronic problems which I feel would limit my ability to serve properly as a member of the Armed Forces. The other closed doors, include my fathers unwillingness to see me serve (since he did himself), my mother, my girlfriend and so on and so forth.

As I have very close and good relations with my family and my girlfriend, and I feel that physically and mentally I could not serve without feeling that I am placing my fellow service men and women at risk. I feel that active service in the reserve or in the regular force is unfortunately out of the question.

Thus, I wonder if and what kind of civilian employment opportunities exist. I wish to serve in some capability.

I don't think I've ever heard of someone doubting themselves before going into the military at one point or another. Have you ever expressed your desire to serve with these people? maybe after talking to them, all parties can  come to understand things better if you try talking to. I understand about the whole parent thing because I'm only 20 and my dad has exrpressed his disappointment in me wanting to serve with the forces many times as I'm leaving for BMQ in october.

Theres a lot of people who can help you find what you're looking for but if its something you really want to do.. don't let anyone stop you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back