• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFAT/RMC

gejj

Reaction score
Hey, any chance i could get some help getting ready for the CFAT? (Tips tricks etc) I've always wanted to go to RMC but i've heard the cut off is really high, can anyone help me out? I want to get in as a civil engineer, or work international relations so i can work with the embassies abroad.

Thank you!

How far is your CFAT? What occupations did you select? Have you done the practice test available online?

How far is your CFAT? What occupations did you select? Have you done the practice test available online?
I've made an application and once i finish grade 11 im to go and write the CFAT so i can try out for the ROTP, i've made it clear to them that i want to do Combat Engineering, or become an Engineering officer, and public relations.

Start with the official practice CFAT on Forces.ca (Found under "How to Join > Steps to Join"). Use it as a guide on what to study, the questions on the CFAT will generally be of the same type and difficulty. Make sure you're ready to complete all of the problem solving questions (math) by hand within the time limit (as an aspiring engineer, this section shouldn't be too hard).

As far as being potentially employed at an embassy as defence staff, a degree in International Relations/Political Science has no bearing on such employment. Most officer positions at foreign embassies are for Lieutenant Colonels and Colonels, with some positions for Majors, and it is something that you apply for. Trade doesn't matter that much.

If you want to study International Relations and work at an embassy, you're looking at applying to the foreign service as a civilian (Global Affairs Canada).

Start with the official practice CFAT on Forces.ca (Found under "How to Join > Steps to Join"). Use it as a guide on what to study, the questions on the CFAT will generally be of the same type and difficulty. Make sure you're ready to complete all of the problem solving questions (math) by hand within the time limit (as an aspiring engineer, this section shouldn't be too hard).

As far as being potentially employed at an embassy as defence staff, a degree in International Relations/Political Science has no bearing on such employment. Most officer positions at foreign embassies are for Lieutenant Colonels and Colonels, with some positions for Majors, and it is something that you apply for. Trade doesn't matter that much.

If you want to study International Relations and work at an embassy, you're looking at applying to the foreign service as a civilian (Global Affairs Canada).
this information is really helpful! Thank you so much and i'll keep it in mind!

Back