• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Military Slang

There are so many... most of which we probably don't even think of as slang, but you get odd looks when using them around civy friends...

go to ground / rack out - sleep
rack monster - what you get attacked by after a couple of days without sleep... "look at bloggins behind the C-9, the rack monster got him"
wrapped around the axle - stressed out
bomb up - load up on ammo, or anything else
thunder in - fail (test, assesment) or go down physicaly 'bloggins didn't drink water and thundered in on the march"
n/s - broken
get ___ downrange - eat or drink something (beers, lunch...)
high speed / low drag - fancy or cool
kit - equipment
kit bomb - someone who has their crap all over the place
bang on - awesome, excellent
right out of 'er - not normal, insane... "the OC is right out of 'er, he wants to do a frontal!"

and some other favorite terms of mine:

infantry school = school of cool
ndhq = puzzle palace
ndhq = fort fumble
new milcots pickups = milverado (like the canyonaro on the simpsons... "when you got no dough and your budget's real low, milverado!")

I love that last one... "no money in the bank and you can't afford a tank, milverado!" hahahaha

Cheers,
Mike

Heat Slut - Anyone who has ever tried to wrap themselves in behind the heater of an M113.

Or

Hey Bloggins, stop suckin' off the Herman Nelson.

CFN. Orange said:
for those in svc bn's

cooks= well...i just dont say anything cause i know ill get my food spit in...

lol....

True.. we know better then to bite the hand that feeds us....

Besides... nothing like a nice fresh hot meal in the feild to make you feel almost human after a nice long B.S. Ridden Brigade Ex in Mudford

Pardon me if it's been said

RTFQ= Read the f*cken question

Jane

Hut Slut - A hut nazi/ Barrracks Warden who rules with an iron fist

PPCLI MCpl said:
Heat Slut - Anyone who has ever tried to wrap themselves in behind the heater of an M113.

Or

Hey Bloggins, stop suckin' off the Herman Nelson.

in more politically correct terms :p.....heat snake/pig

Jane

RTFO: Right the F**k Out of'er

Track Pad: the IMP Ham Omelet

The young fella: Lt, Tp/Pl Comd

Bang Stick: Rifle

Purple Trades: those trades that can serve with any environment (I know some hate this) ;)

E45

Belt fed C*ck: getting reamed out during an inspection or similar
Banger Boards: the old army skis
Prisoners awaiting training: PAT platoon
Turret Monster: refered to when you lose things in an armoured vehicle
Sun F*cked: getting heat exaustion or a heat stroke
Mud recce: dismounted recce patrols
Pam Commando: a person who is always answering questions during a classroom lecture and always seem like there reading right out of the book
RSM (Regimental Sh*t Magnet): someone who catches alot of Flak
Verbal Diharea: long boring paragraphs of information
paper pusher: Clerks
Cranium Cover: helmet
JR's: the Junior Ranks
wallet heads: airforce
MIR commando: a person who doesnt seem to do much but get hurt or fake an injury to go to the MIR (I have heard this most as a cadet at vernon but never too much in the CF)
Lackies: a higher ranks "minions" or assistants

Hey, FNG....you SNAFU'd the first two and a couple others on the list...

sixzeroalpha said:
Belt fed C*ck: getting reamed out during an inspection or similar
Banger Boards: the old army skis
Verbal Diharea: long boring paragraphs of information
Lackies: a higher ranks "minions" or assistants

Belt feed (of anything) - means getting it at a rapid, occasionally unmanageable pace usually spread amongst a group, ie belt fed taskings, belt fed orders, etc. Specifically belt feed "rooster" means getting boned multiple times in rapid succession. You described what was commonly known as having your face ripped off.                syn. "getting fed with a firehose"

Bangy boards are the old army skis. When you try to go fast, the tails slap down, causing the bang.

verbal diarrhea is extended verbal discusion that is much about nothing. Basically the person should have shut up after the first sentence.

Lackies (your definition is close): lacking rank, responsibility and/or authority. A Cpl or even snr Pte can have lackies....

BTW, welcome to the site, rookie.

Agony Wagon: M113 or most armoured vehs. Those who have moved x-country in them will agree.

AL: Acting Lacking, Acting in rank, lacking needed qualifications to become substantive.

E45

Chimo!

"the hill"- can't tell you, or someone will have to _______

Also heard these

Secret Squirels

and (some may remember the post) Dwyer Hill Ski Team

I D G A S (F, B, H, P)

I don't give a s**t (f**k, b*gger, hoot,poop).

Used at Blackdown.

PPCLI: Pattie's Poorly Cammed Little Idiots
RCR: Rabbid Chickens (with) Rifles
RCAF: Real Chow And Females (a bitter old army view of Air bases)
Mk1 ; least used sensor in Recce, the Mark-1 eyeball.

Might of been said...dunno

MIR Commandos - People who always go to MIR, Constantly, usually to miss PT
Cooks at Camp (The mean ones) - Soup Nazi
Lackey's - Persons under your command

If I missed it above, I apologize, "no name, no pack drill." The media call it a code of silence.

One from my own little world:

CFMS = Come Fornicate Me Silly (CFMS is no longer used, we are now CF H Svcs Gp)

ah, crud, had a bunch, I'll edit later...

tlm.

Old Sweat said:
If I missed it above, I apologize, "no name, no pack drill." The media call it a code of silence.
I've never understood "no name, no pack drill.". Could someone explain it to me?

GGHG_Cadet

If you don't mention names {no names}, you won't (likely) get in trouble {no pack drill}

OK when it's laid out like that I get it. It was just the no pack drill part that confused me. Thanks.

Back