• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

You're comparing the CF to the Chinese Military.  A military with over thousand year history/experience, technological advancement (gunpowder) and an acknowledged super-power.  Come out of la la land.  This will enable you to gauge your potential enemies with realistic estimations.  This is a horrendous conclusion you derived with your (lack of) information/evidence.  I don't suggest either military is better, but it is wise to be  cautious when underestimating - anything - especially out of blind pride.

It is apparent that some members on this forum demonstrate an uncanny ability to underestimate people (& now countries & foreign military's) they do not know.  Oblivious to how this ignorance is dangerous to themselves.  It is this type of behaviour that unfortunately leads U.S. Soldiers to get shot at dinner by 'Afghan friends.' 

I've suggested a method in which you may learn more about me and my contributions.  Otherwise it would be hazardous to discuss particulars on a forum viewable by anybody.

Toward the Gap:

I support the effort, but is Afghanistan supposed to impress me?  70,000 troops w/allies versus decentralized fanatical backward tribal villagers called the Taliban.  10+ years really?

xtreme said:
You're comparing the CF to the Chinese Military.  A military with over thousand year history/experience, technological advancement (gunpowder) and an acknowledged super-power.  Come out of la la land.  This will enable you to gauge your potential enemies with realistic estimations.  This is a horrendous conclusion you derived with your (lack of) information/evidence.  I don't suggest either military is better, but it is wise to be  cautious when underestimating - anything - especially out of blind pride.

It is apparent that some members on this forum demonstrate an uncanny ability to underestimate people (& now countries & foreign military's) they do not know.  Oblivious to how this ignorance is dangerous to themselves.  It is this type of behaviour that unfortunately leads U.S. Soldiers to get shot at dinner by 'Afghan friends.' 

I've suggested a method in which you may learn more about me and my contributions.  Otherwise it would be hazardous to discuss particulars on a forum viewable by anybody.

Toward the Gap:

I support the effort, but is Afghanistan supposed to impress me?  70,000 troops w/allies versus decentralized fanatical backward tribal villagers called the Taliban.  10+ years really?

You know what xtreme.  I've been polite so far. I've actually tried to engage in this, whatever it is.  Now I'm going to likely get a warning for this but I'm now going to tell you to f**k off.  As far as I'm concerned your not welcome in this organisation with that kind of attitude.  Chances are even if your brain got you through the CFAT the second time round, your attitude isn't going to get your through three days at basic. I am now calling you troll and I am going to complain about your presence here which contributes nothing to what we represent. 

xtreme said:
I've suggested a method in which you may learn more about me and my contributions.

I think this site is more suitable to your "interests."

http://www.eharmony.ca/

Call me old fashioned, but the last person I would have "a round or three" with is some stranger I met on the internet who introduces himself with his "near ceiling IQ of 145."

SeR said:
I think this site is more suitable to your "interests."

http://www.eharmony.ca/

Call me old fashioned, but the last person I would have "a round or three" with is some stranger I met on the internet who introduces himself with his "near ceiling IQ of 145."

Or has the gall to make light of someone`s real wartime service let alone just about everyone that went there with his smart merit brain.

Crantor said:
Or has the gall to make light of someone`s real wartime service let alone just about everyone that went there with his smart merit brain.

...and the list goes on...

Crantor,

Uh, why are you upset? 

I think the problem here is, people are automatically reading everything I say right off the bat with hostility.  They don't stop to consider that I'm merely having a frank discussion.  I'm not arguing at all and I'm certainly not upset. 

Stop being so sensitive.  You're going to make a complaint against me because you can't ignore a thread that I initially started off with a good purpose, that became sidetracked by constant berating? 

I don't imply any offense whatsoever.  I mean fine, forget the Chinese military, it sucks!  I just found the gross underestimation intriguing.

Perhaps, I'm controversial to you right now and perhaps my "attitude" will eventually adapt to what you deem as acceptable over time.  Just give me a chance buddy.

The Officer Panel really did like me.  Perhaps, I'm more pleasant in person?

I apologize for my keen curiosity, which is fundamentally the fuel behind all my questions.

You and your 'buddies' could be more polite too.  Starting off with name-calling (Sheldon) wasn't the nicest welcome, regardless of my first post, that I will acknowledge in hindsight was bad-taste.  Yes, mentioning IQ was awkward but I only did so to demonstrate how ceilings worked.  Maybe, I should have used the word 'hypothetical' or something to that effect, so it didn't look like I was talking about myself.

I'm not well-versed in forum/internet etiquette, as you can tell my forum experience is limited by my post count.  I am most certainly more pleasant with the addition of non-verbal communication.

But stop getting so aggressive man!!  I actually believe we could end up being good friends, if you give me a chance.

Sorry - friend.

I did say I supported the effort.  I'm sure we both can agree that the Taliban are a bunch of backward fanatics?  I think it is very noble and brave for somebody to enter such an environment.  Just curious what the hold up is?  I mean doesn't 10 years seem long to you?  I know of CF Soldiers that would agree too!  But when it comes from me - lynch him!!

Hi I was doing the CFAT practice test and had trouble with the last question "How many soldiers are there in a group of 27 sailors and soldiers if there
are four fifths as many sailors as soldiers?" I'm having troubles trying to figure the last part. I found out how to solve for the answer in algebra way solving for x and y, but I'm trying to figure it out in my head. I can't understand the part "if there are four fifths as many sailors as soldiers?" can someone reword this for me please? I get lost at 4/5 of soldiers or sailors in the 27??

Wouldn't that mean that 80% of them are sailors while 20% are soldiers....

4 fifths would be 4 sailors for every 5 soldiers. So 9 people altogether. Since 27/9 is 3, then there are 3x5=15 soldiers.

NFLD Sapper said:
Wouldn't that mean that 80% of them are sailors while 20% are soldiers....

So would this be wrong? I understand how to do the math but English is not my main language, am I explaining this correctly? "4 sailors for every 5 soldiers"? What is another way to explain it?

Ygolohcysp said:
I was doing the practice test and I came by a question which required you to 1105/16. Do I have to be able to do this in my head, or can I at least use pen and paper to do long division? I know I can use a calculator on the practice test, but thats not really practicing haha.

On that question I believe it's one officer to 16 soldiers so you would divide 1105/17. Unfortunately wording comes into play in problem solving a lot. Take your time on the CFAT. Anyone know if you can ask for clarification during the test?

I did process of elimination 50/50 would be 13.5 sailors and soldiers and we can't have half a soldier. To have four fifths I figured you would need to have a number divisible by 5, but the total numbers when added together needs to be 27.

I didn't know the math equation to get this answer and I still don't.

12 sailors and 15 soldiers.

4/5's of 15 is 12, 12 plus 15 = 27

The question has already been answered, but here is some math:

Let soldiers be represented by X.
Let sailors be represented by Y.

Since we have 4/5's as many sailors as soldiers, Y = 4/5X or 0.8X.

27 = X + Y
27 = X + 0.8X
27 = 1.8X
27/1.8 = X
X = 15
Y = 0.8X = 12

You have 15 soldiers and 12 sailors.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

I solved it a little bit differently, sometimes you can break it down and make it very very simple.  In this case just add them until you hit 27.

"How many soldiers are there in a group of 27 sailors and soldiers if there
are four fifths as many sailors as soldiers?"

4 sailors + 5 soldiers = 9
--------------------------------
12 sailors + 15 soldiers = 27

It pays to simplify the strangely worded mathematical questions if you can. 

WOW!!! I'm seriously kicking myself in the butt, that is way easier then my method!! Awesome, seriously awesome.

kevincanada said:
I solved it a little bit differently, sometimes you can break it down and make it very very simple.  In this case just add them until you hit 27.

are four fifths as many sailors as soldiers?"

--------------------------------
12 sailors + 15 soldiers = 27

It pays to simplify the strangely worded mathematical questions if you can.

Another way to look at it

are
four(4) fifths(5) as many sailors(4) as soldiers(5)?"

hope it helps

Back