• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can you get rejected from a trade?

J

jutes85

I just getting a little worried, I have finished and handed in all of my papers and the reqruited told me that they are awaiting from someone that decides whether I get the trade or not (526).

Is there a possiblity that they will reject my application and therefore I would not get in (the military), or will I just have to wait for one of my other choices to open? (514)

Have you done the aptitude test yet? That is what normally determines whether you qualify or not for a trade.

I have completed everything and awaiting the phone call, I just hope that it all works out. Perhaps I will not make April‘s BMQ, but I should be in June‘s or July‘s.

Each trade has specific standards for the written test, the medical, education etc.. For example, if your eyesight is crap but you scored high on the written test, you won‘t get into the infantry, but you could still be a medic. If you have no colour vision, you can‘t be an engineer or an artilleryman, but you can still be in the infantry. Each trade has certain factors that you need to qualify for in each different assesment, and if you don‘t meet all of them, then you won‘t get into that particular trade.

Do Reserves have a BMQ in April? I was under the impression they only had it in June or December.

I guess it all depends on how many openings they have for each trade. If there are only 20 openings and 50 people who qualify for the trade, 30 people still won‘t get in.

BMQ for the reserves are usually run by home units. Thus, it depends on where you are for how often/where the BMQ coarses take place.

is any possible that the trade reject my application?

like I passed the interview, but the officer said it is not his decision to hide me. I apply for 12 medical company in Vancouver,BC. So I am just worried about if any possible 12 medical company reject my application.

One more question, does anyone know when the trade of medical tech will be opened?

Thanks

Since you are applying for the reserves, your file will be sent to the unit for final review when it is complete. The reserve unit will then decide if they have a postion available for you.

Each reserve unit has its own requirements and positions that need to be filled so the only person who would be able to answer your second question would be the recruiting office at the unit.

o.k guys here's the deal, I sent an application after my aptitude, apparently down in NL that's the procedure, go figure, and it was sent back with a letter explaining that i needed cert documents and i was missing 2 letters of reference, which wasn't indicated in the application package i was given by the way.

So then i send it in again, with all documents but my references sent in their forms as they are supposed to do as indicated on the bottom portion of the reference form. All seems well, they i receive my provincial birth cert back in the mail with no  other documents. I tried contacting them via phone and e-mail, what next should i go down? How long does this usually take? It's been over a month now.

I appreciate any help with this, i hope my first attempt to apply isn't being used against me even though they implied in the letter sent that if i never got it right the second time the file would be destroyed and closed.

go down there and ask them what's going on, I don't think you should worry

Thats weird that your application didn't mention anything about 2 references or didn't have the reference sheets in it. But yeah best thing to do is go down to the recruiting center and sort things out with them. Oh and after everthing is fixed you'll be waiting at least a month or so.

He probably just over looked it? When I got my application package the recruiter went over it with me one on one and highlighted everything that needs to be filled out.

On the list of things you need in the application package like birth certificate high school transscripts it says 2 letters of reference.

Nope never overlooked it, the recruiter basically gave me an application after the results of the CFAT were discussed with me, there was a CD-rom with the downloadable forms but there wasn't anything on paper in the package that outlined what was required. Weird indeed. Well I'm heading down tomorrow and hopefully I'll get my answers. Keep ya posted.  :salute:

I am hoping this is right section to ask this, did search came empty no answer for this ..

Friend of mine son was joining this year, everything went well, until medical came to question , he wrote something during before CFAT test started that he took specific medication 12 years ago, so army doc requested history, he took the meds for year for his depression, then he was clear of it, and never required any meds, and had yearly meeting for 3 years after he stop taking meds, and was sign off with healthy mark, so he sent those info  a week later letter came with bad news, he is stunt at the decision
since my recruitment over 1 and half ago, things have changed, I couldn't provide answer then contact your CFRC , he did they coulnd't provide much answer then what was written , and told him to contact med doc, but same story.. .
I know once you are in army you can talk to counselor for what ever help you need..
does something similar exist for civilians ? or should I tell him to contact DND Ombudsman ?

In order to challenge the medical decision, your friend's son will need to get a letter from the doctor, preferably the one that treated him, providing specific information to the Recruiting medical staff.  There should be a form/letter he could get from the recruiting medical staff, which provides the questions that the doctor needs to answer.  The doctors letter is then forwarded to the Recruiting Medical Officer, who will decide based on the information in the letter whether or not your friend's son meets military medical standards.

If your friend, or the son, have problems with addressing this issue, then they should discuss their options with the Det Comd or the CFRC CO.

tech2002 said:
he is 29 years old

- It will be interesting to see if age was a factor - a bout of childhood depression may have been less of an influence on the decision, but, every case is different.

BC Old Guy said:
In order to challenge the medical decision, your friend's son will need to get a letter from the doctor, preferably the one that treated him, providing specific information to the Recruiting medical staff.  There should be a form/letter he could get from the recruiting medical staff, which provides the questions that the doctor needs to answer.  The doctors letter is then forwarded to the Recruiting Medical Officer, who will decide based on the information in the letter whether or not your friend's son meets military medical standards.

If your friend, or the son, have problems with addressing this issue, then they should discuss their options with the Det Comd or the CFRC CO.

I will talk to him this weekend , I do recall the letter that before he sent to doc, he showed me, and it didn't look 'scary' clear indication of the issue, then what was required to correct it, then final statements were that he has improved over past 3 years and there are no effects noted, and in healthy state, and his doctors as well gave him good healthy marks , I will tell him to give call and find out what info they need to get to clear this..

Back