• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ November 8 2010

WillTO

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello army.ca,

Is anyone else here going to be starting their BMOQ on Monday November 8?

There are several people that are going to go from the navy.  The last Naval Officer Assessment Board is sending the majority of people in the November 8th BMOQ.

I am going for MARS and know several MSE and CSE officers that will be in the course.

What trade are you heading for??

Im going for ACSO.  I started this thread because I thought it would be cool to get to know people who will be doing BMOQ with me.  Im thinking of making a FB group, and (if there are enough people nearby) would love to organize a greater-toronto-area meet-up.

Congratulations...

I'll be there, as well. Going for Construction Engineering Officer.

J

you are looking at the majority of the platoon (?) being navy unless they have two platoons of BMOQ starting on the same day.  I know of about 35 or so people that will be likely navy at least.

It should be a great time and a horrible time, I am apprehensive and excited to be there.  I just have a couple weeks left in school and then a couple weeks at home before basic.

I am just glad it is a fall/winter basic.  I couldn't imagine a 13km ruck march in the summer in St. Jean.  Winter I can deal with since I am from Northern Ontario and am used to COLD winters.  Wear another layer and we will be fine, where during the summer it is hard to start stripping partway through a march.

cheers

I'll be there - I'm one of the CSE's from the July NOAB.

If you create a facebook group or something, send me a link - I'll gladly join! While I already know most of the navy folks from the NOAB, I'd love to meet folks from the other branches.

Thanks for replying everyone!

So, if anyone is in the Greater-Toronto-Area and wants to have a pre-BMOQ meet-up that would be fun .

I also have a question for all of you: Are any of you rock-climbers?  Climbing is pretty much my favourite thing to do, and I have heard that (with good performance and lack of other duties) we may possibly be permitted to use the climbing wall in the Mega on weekends.  It would be awesome to have a buddy to go climbing with.  If they don't let us use the base wall, we can check out gyms in Montreal if we can find a spare afternoon one weekend.  MSG me if you're also into climbing!

My swear in date is October 13th.  Apparently that is in the early end of things.  They like a couple weeks before to a couple days before you leave as the ceremony and administration stuff.

I know of one other that is swearing in on October 19th but she just got her date today (eh Megsy)

good luck and see in you less than 2 months.

BennettR said:
Has anyone been sworn in yet? or have a swear in date?

You should have gotten a swear in date at the same time as your offer. You should give your recruiter a call.

I was given a swear in date back in July for Oct 20th.

I just picked up my enrolment package and it is becoming all too real right now.  I don't know why but filling in the will just made me come to the realization that it is actually happening.  I am happy, nervous, anxious and apprehensive.  BUT I feel prepared physically and mentally for this journey.

Here is to November 6th and 8th. The start of the CF experience and the start of training (I wonder if I should get someone to yell at me now to prepare for that experience).

Look forward to meeting you all.

cheers

Quo vadis said:
You should have gotten a swear in date at the same time as your offer. You should give your recruiter a call.

I was given a swear in date back in July for Oct 20th.

I do believe that this is CFRC dependant - my file manager told me that they didn't set the enrollment dates until a month or two before the departure for Basic.  I was given my verbal offer in August and promised a phone call in mid September (which I received this morning).  I am dealing with CFRC Ottawa.

My swearing in isn't until November 5th and I fly out the next morning, seems to be significantly later than the dates everyone else has posted. Either way, should make for an interesting and challenging few months, see you all soon.

I am also lined up to go for BMQ November 8th. My swearing in is October 25th.  Can not wait!

Back