• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ASU Chilliwack BMQ/SQ summer 2006

peace_lover

Inactive
Reaction score
For people who have gone through BMQ and SQ in the summer down at ASU Chilliwack, how was it? I am going there this summer and would like some info on how the daily and weekly routine there is like.  What time do you wake up and when is lights out? Does course run for 7 days a week?  :cdn:

Thanks.  Any information is appreciated.

There are a fair bit of threads on this matter on this site if you do a search. as far as normal routines etc  here is a ROUGH I dea of what is done and when. http://209.67.210.99/2005/09/basic-training-experience-belkin-diary.html    you will find this is a diary of a guy who kept this during BMQ.

here you will find out roughly how each day is broken down..most info you need will be here. http://www.elrfc.forces.ca/site/soyez_prets/qmb/horaire_type_w1_e.asp

Walrus

This is for Reg Force BMQ, so its a bit different/longer than Reserve

http://www.elrfc.forces.ca/site/soyez_prets/qmb/horaire_type_w1_e.asp

I did my basic in Chilliwack awhile ago. Its gonna be hot/dry an not to much rain. I think it only rained once while I was there. But another course when they did their SQ final FTX in late Augest it rained on them a lot an their trenches got filled with water.

PT is 5 days a week. On my course this is what we did

First day of PT, run a few blocks down to a block that they had measured out. Did a timed 2.4km run, than push ups, situps. Ran back to the shacks. After that, for PT we usually ran down to the sports field, stretch out than run/sprint on the track, do different excercises for upper an lower body. Fireman carrys, chin ups, pull ups, section push ups. Another day they combined a nav ex with our PT. We partnered up(fire teams), got a map of the base an had to goto certain locations, always running, an we're timed. Other times we did Full Fighting Order marches, where we pretty much just ran for a few miles, dived in the mud an crawled through, etc. Another day we did a long march in FFO mixed with some runs(run to the next pole, march, than run again, etc). Sucked when they parked a ML 50 ft in front of is, we all thought we were done than the ML took off, lol.

Our runs were anywhere from 3-5 miles, sometimes longer.

A normal day would be something like this

0500 wake up, make up your beds, get changed, etc goto breakfast. Than come back an have an inspection. After than we had classes(either inside or outside) than lunch, more classes. PT, than dinner. At nights some instructers would come in see how everyone was doing, answer questions, etc.

Lights out was 2300 I think.

Some people used to sleep on the floors or on top of their beds; some did it cause it was hot, others cause they didn't want to make up their beds. So one night the instructers came in after lights out, started yelling an got everyone to get into their beds, under the covers an do Drill in bed for a lil while.

If you have more questions, either ask in here or PM me.

MikeL said:
Some people used to sleep on the floors or on top of their beds; some did it cause it was hot, others cause they didn't want to make up their beds. So one night the instructers came in after lights out, started yelling an got everyone to get into their beds, under the covers an do Drill in bed for a lil while.
  ;D

MikeL said:
Thats actually a great idea if you are lazy, but then you are screwed if you get caught. But the disadvantage thing is that you don't know how to make the bed.

Back