• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are we that weak?

Don't misunderstand, I don't have to care about targeted murders or even be a Maple Leafs fan to hate on Toronto. ;)
I love my country. Doesn't mean it's got to love me back. :cdn: :)

When the Leafs lose, it breaks my heart. But, it doesn't affect my property value.

News report on Wed interviewed this guy and the other person (his wife), all of a sudden the position changed to what might be one of "pity me my wife(?) is bi and we, therefore, are members of that community". Opinions seem firmly etched in Jello. Think this is on the CTV station in London. Some one looking for their minute of fame?

On Tuesday, Sillers spoke to CTV News London over the phone and claimed that the narrative surrounding the incident is wrong.

“Stay tuned and get your popcorn [for] when the truth is told,” he said.

Sillers added there are two sides to what occurred on Saturday in Wortley Village, but would not elaborate, preferring to first tell his story to online outlets he considers to be “truthful”.

He said his family is not homophobic, adding that his wife is bisexual.

"What I want to get rid of, right away, right out of the gate is the whole portraying us as a homophobic family. We are…my family is part of that community, unless I guess they are not accepting of everybody unless you go with their whole narrative,” Sillers said.

As a small business owner he fears that the attention will impact his ability to attain future work.

And according to a CBC piece that truth could be found at . . .
He directed a CBC London reporter to read Rebel News and Druthers for what he called "the truth" of what happened.

(yep, that's what comes to mind of when I want the "truth")

Stabby Winnipeg - people at the Forks on Canada Day got stabbed for accidently bumping into some idiot who then decided to stab a Ukrainian refugee in the neck. In my crayon eating mind no one should go to the Forks - let it wither and die. Its a haven for ne'er do wells.

We have upwards of 240 neighbourhoods in our town. That does not include the GTA.
I stick to mine. We're the only neighbourhood to have a lake, a river, and a pond as our natural boundary. The streets are hilly and winding. Ours doesn't even have a sidewalk. So, we don't see many strangers.

symbolism in context.

What people wear and how they decorate themselves is also "symbolism in context".

What some people call "profiling" in the hope that it will discredit whatever behaviour they refer to is just an application of probabilities.

No way! Drama within the alphabet mafia!?

You know we live in a country where there isn’t much happening when ‘this’ is ‘news’…

______

If this guy is worried about finding future work as a result of his name being in the media, my recommendation would have been to STFU.

Police will do a small press release stating the name. Most people don’t follow much in terms of their local news, unless it’s a bigger story that garners more attention.

A few people might recognize the name, but that’s it. Let it blow over as most people won’t know about it anyway… if individuals in your circle ask you about it then you can tell your side of the story.

Going to the media to attract even more attention is probably the worst thing he could’ve done, if he’s worried about jeopardizing future work.

🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

For those keeping score of Canada's municipal homicide rankings,

What jumps out at me is that the most violent cities/areas have far more red than black, yellow or brown. It might be intformative to see the correlations between ethnic makeup percentages and violence rates.

What jumps out at me is that the most violent cities/areas have far more red than black, yellow or brown. It might be intformative to see the correlations between ethnic makeup percentages and violence rates.

Bit of a hot potato.

If I keep seeing black people shooting people in Toronto is it okay for me to be triggered by black people?

• Toronto had a homicide rate of 1.62 victims per 100,000 population in 2020, below the national rate of 1.95 and a 20% decrease from the previous year’s rate.
  • Homicide in Canada, 2020
Homicide rate in Canada in 2020, by metropolitan area
Thunder Bay
Winnipeg
Regina
Saskatoon
Edmonton
Sudbury
Brantford
Calgary
Hamillton
Peterborough
Guelph
Ottawa
Belleville
Kingston
Vancouver
Toronto

Stabby Winnipeg - people at the Forks on Canada Day got stabbed for accidently bumping into some idiot who then decided to stab a Ukrainian refugee in the neck. In my crayon eating mind no one should go to the Forks - let it wither and die. Its a haven for ne'er do wells.
Someone is always getting stabbed there on Canada Day. It wouldn’t be a Canada Day at the Forks without one!

Yes, of course! After all CBC, CTV, and Global are such outstanding purveyors of the truth themselves, aren't they? I mean why look anywhere else when you can find your biases confirmed by bribed liberal media, right?

Bit of a hot potato.

• Toronto had a homicide rate of 1.62 victims per 100,000 population in 2020, below the national rate of 1.95 and a 20% decrease from the previous year’s rate.
  • Homicide in Canada, 2020
Homicide rate in Canada in 2020, by metropolitan area
Thunder Bay
Winnipeg
Regina
Saskatoon
Edmonton
Sudbury
Brantford
Calgary
Hamillton
Peterborough
Guelph
Ottawa
Belleville
Kingston
Vancouver
Toronto
Nope, nope, nope,......I've said this before many times on this forum, 'homicide rates' are 100% total bullshit used to pad whatever argument one wants to make.

The only rates that matter are the 'attempted homicide rates",......reason homicide rates go down every year? Because trauma medicine keeps getting better and better. Reason Toronto might have a lower "homicide rate" then Thunder Bay is the proximity to the nations best doctors and hospitals, I wonder how many folks up there end up dying waiting for Ornge to get there and transport them to Toronto??

Nope, nope, nope,......I've said this before many times on this forum, 'homicide rates' are 100% total bullshit used to pad whatever argument one wants to make.

The only rates that matter are the 'attempted homicide rates",......reason homicide rates go down every year? Because trauma medicine keeps getting better and better. Reason Toronto might have a lower "homicide rate" then Thunder Bay is the proximity to the nations best doctors and hospitals, I wonder how many folks up there end up dying waiting for Ornge to get there and transport them to Toronto??
It's a valid point, but dead is dead and it's one of the few stats that can't be totally mucked with.

aka Tribalism (I wear this to identify with this tribe)
Tribalism is healthy. We don't think in terms of global issues as much as we think about neighbourhoods. In the military it is the regiment. Pierre Trudeau got it wrong and we have been perpetuating the error. GB bailed on the EU as much for tribalism as for any other reason: people wanted to be British.

My understanding is that attempted murder is difficult to prosecute so most attempted murderers are charged with assault. In these stats, this covers everything from shooting someone and they survive to getting shoved by your asshole neighbour.

Tribalism is healthy. We don't think in terms of global issues as much as we think about neighbourhoods. In the military it is the regiment. Pierre Trudeau got it wrong and we have been perpetuating the error. GB bailed on the EU as much for tribalism as for any other reason: people wanted to be British.
So actually then, tribalism is NOT healthy as it causes a tribe to go against its own best interests at times.

It's a valid point, but dead is dead and it's one of the few stats that can't be totally mucked with.
My understanding is that attempted murder is difficult to prosecute so most attempted murderers are charged with assault. In these stats, this covers everything from shooting someone and they survive to getting shoved by your asshole neighbour.

Right.

What is the reported Crime Severity Index?
Data from the Police Reported Crime Severity Index. Measures changes in Canadian crime severity from year to year. In the index, all crimes are assigned a weight based on their seriousness, based on actual sentences handed down in all provinces and territories. Serious crimes are assigned high weights while less serious offences have lower weights.

Crime severity index in Canada in 2020, by metropolitan area
Lethbridge
Winnipeg
Kelowna
Saskatoon
Regina
Edmonton
Moncton
Thunder Bay
Vancouver
Sudbury
Windsor