• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are we that weak?

When you have people like this walking around, there really isn't need for provocateur...

My office was very near "protest central" in downtown Vancouver. Any protest had the same groups attend, no matter the protest, some protesters liked having the "professionals" as they knew how to play the game. Others were not amused and one legit protest, fist flew as they wanted these idiots to stay away from their protest. These regulars seemed to all live on government handouts or were students with to much time on their hands.
If I had a legitimate message that I thought others may share as well, that I believed in, and felt that society could be improved if we did something differently than how it is currently being done… I’d throw fists to keep idiots like that away from my message too!

Literally the definition of a parasite.

My office was very near "protest central" in downtown Vancouver. Any protest had the same groups attend, no matter the protest, some protesters liked having the "professionals" as they knew how to play the game. Others were not amused and one legit protest, fist flew as they wanted these idiots to stay away from their protest. These regulars seemed to all live on government handouts or were students with to much time on their hands.
Same thing in Montreal. Always the same anarcho-communist types protesting everything.

It's not as prevalent on the right-wing, cause that side has a greater tendency to 1. Not live in cities. 2. Have jobs. 3. Not be in college. You'll still find a good amount of folks (read whackjobs) who believe all the conspiracies and turn up for everything marginally related to the QAnon types and whatnot.

A climate skeptic hum, friend... of mine turned anti-vaxxer recently told me he opposed Ukraine. Ah! How surprising... You demonstrate such a critical thought process by mechanically opposing everything ''the gubmint'' says...

Do these professional protestors apply to trucker convoys too? Or is it just a leftist thing?
Currently not as much, generally right leaning groups tend not to protest for the reasons listed by TacticalTea, but also the establishment historically also tends to be right leaning (i.e. conservative, traditionalist, etc. government institutions tend not to be revolutionary, rather entrenched and stagnant).

However I suspect that there shall be a growth of right wing professional protestors as time progresses if we keep getting governments to the left of center who are insistent on changes to the social fabric of the country. Especially as it is resulting in job losses and property being taken away. Some of these Trucker Convoy individuals seem to be meeting those requirements to become professional protesters at the moment though.

I just remember during the 'Idle No More' protests and how they stopped to interview some people in the protest and there was a native guy there talking about sovereignty, etc. then the next protester beside him was going on about the Jews controlling the media. Very difficult to hold a proper protest with idiots like that getting entwined in whatever is going on to push their personal agendas.

Currently not as much, generally right leaning groups tend not to protest for the reasons listed by TacticalTea, but also the establishment historically also tends to be right leaning (i.e. conservative, traditionalist, etc. government institutions tend not to be revolutionary, rather entrenched and stagnant).

However I suspect that there shall be a growth of right wing professional protestors as time progresses if we keep getting governments to the left of center who are insistent on changes to the social fabric of the country. Especially as it is resulting in job losses and property being taken away. Some of these Trucker Convoy individuals seem to be meeting those requirements to become professional protesters at the moment though.

I just remember during the 'Idle No More' protests and how they stopped to interview some people in the protest and there was a native guy there talking about sovereignty, etc. then the next protester beside him was going on about the Jews controlling the media. Very difficult to hold a proper protest with idiots like that getting entwined in whatever is going on to push their personal agendas.

Picking interviews? I am sure that any crowd will have people on-message and off-message. That leaves the reporters and editors free to relay anecdotes that support their narrative of the day. Concerned citizens on our side, nutjobs on their's.

The trucker convoy mess was a good example of mixed messages. Trucker issues, vaccine mandates, removing government and « other » interests.

The trucker convoy mess was a good example of mixed messages. Trucker issues, vaccine mandates, removing government and « other » interests.
Oh man, no kidding. By the time they crossed into Ontario it was already completely disjointed and all over the place. You name it, it was written on signs and/or getting shouted at us.

The kinds of things right-leaning people value in life mean they will pretty much be preoccupied with employment and home/family life.

Do your job. Live your life. Simple as that.

I don't know if it rises to the level of oxymoron or just the regular variety.

Yeah, I spend all my time mocking the people born with fewer advantageous attributes, too.

1658164450460.png This white truck (with FREEDOM signs and our National Flag flying) is identified in facebook's Old South Community Board Log into Facebook as being the vehicle described in CBC's "Hate Crime unit investigates after disturbance at Pride event in London" https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/lond...isturbance-at-pride-event-in-london-1.6523502

from the article, in London, ON, "Organizers of Wortley Pride described the incident saying the driver of a white truck continuously laid on the horn, circling the event taking place on the Green in Wortley Village. They said the driver eventually stopped on Wortley Road, exited the vehicle and physically confronted people participating... Witnesses told CBC that in the altercation at least one person was punched, and someone else was hit with a flagpole. There were also reports that Canadian flags were attached to the bed of the white truck."

So answering the original question of this thread, yes I'm sure many Canadians not only see these Freedom pick-up truck drivers flying our flag as the relatively harmless laughing-stock examples of the dumbest people in our communities, but now increasingly also as a legitimate threat of impending physical violence.

Weather we who wear the Maple Leaf on our uniforms with pride care to admit it or not, its image is coming to represent something else entirely for other Canadians.

Bible- and gun-toting Americans are still somewhat distinguishable from war-fighting militants.

Almost every week I pass a gathering of flag-wavers in pickup trucks while walking my dog past a local parking lot, and I have no impression of impending violence.

So answering the original question of this thread, yes I'm sure many Canadians not only see these Freedom pick-up truck drivers flying our flag as the relatively harmless laughing-stock examples of the dumbest people in our communities, but now increasingly also as a legitimate threat of impending physical violence.
Maybe we should ban pick up trucks and ban people who seem scary.

Maybe we should ban pick up trucks and ban people who seem scary.
Nah, we just need to enforce existing laws against people that are harassing and attacking other people who just want to do their own thing. Dumbasses are going to dumbass, plenty of tool in the tool box already that we don't need to reinvent.

View attachment 72075 This white truck (with FREEDOM signs and our National Flag flying) is identified in facebook's Old South Community Board Log into Facebook as being the vehicle described in CBC's "Hate Crime unit investigates after disturbance at Pride event in London" https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/lond...isturbance-at-pride-event-in-london-1.6523502

from the article, in London, ON, "Organizers of Wortley Pride described the incident saying the driver of a white truck continuously laid on the horn, circling the event taking place on the Green in Wortley Village. They said the driver eventually stopped on Wortley Road, exited the vehicle and physically confronted people participating... Witnesses told CBC that in the altercation at least one person was punched, and someone else was hit with a flagpole. There were also reports that Canadian flags were attached to the bed of the white truck."

Weather we who wear the Maple Leaf on our uniforms with pride care to admit it or not, its image is coming to represent something else entirely for other Canadians.

The way CBC worded that my money is that someone hit the driver. If the driver had hit someone they would not be so vauge!

The way CBC worded that my money is that someone hit the driver. If the driver had hit someone they would not be so vauge!

The CTV article (with photos), though just as circumspect as the CBC, would probably suggest otherwise.

. . .
Police add their hate crime investigator is looking into the incident where witnesses say a couple in a white pickup stopped next to the festival.

A member of the festival committee told CTV News London a man got out and allegedly started swinging a two-by-four at guests, and the female began arguing with festival attendees.
. . .

Ah, i see you heard of the Tyre Extinguisher movement…

They need to be arrested and subjected to very strict bail conditions, like not associating with each other. Then revoke bail when they do.

Seems to work for a protest leader.

Back