• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Approaching regiments/squadrans...etc

dearryan

Inactive
Reaction score
hello all,

I have read a few threads regarding newbies that have gone to particular units to hopefully be recruited by them. Is this instead of going "wherever" the powers that be send them? I mean say someone knew that a particular unit needed a particular trade (lots of particulars) . Would it beneficial to see someone there at some point during the recruiting process? If so, does it speed up the process, (FOR THE RECORD:  I actually have no beefs with the application speed, mine is progressing quite well).

I personally would love to be stationed (assuming I get the job) in Comox. Any body have any pros/cons about that base.

thanks

Ryan

dearryan said:
hello all,

I have read a few threads regarding newbies that have gone to particular units to hopefully be recruited by them. Is this instead of going "wherever" the powers that be send them? I mean say someone knew that a particular unit needed a particular trade (lots of particulars) . Would it beneficial to see someone there at some point during the recruiting process? If so, does it speed up the process, (FOR THE RECORD:    I actually have no beefs with the application speed, mine is progressing quite well).

I personally would love to be stationed (assuming I get the job) in Comox. Any body have any pros/cons about that base.

thanks

Ryan

You and everybody else want Comox. Good luck with that.

Answer, no, it won't get you anywhere since the decision isn't made at the Sqn level. The Career Managers make the decision based on a number of different factors and your preference isn't at the top of the list.

Your mixup may be in that if one is applying to join the Primary Reserves, they can go to a Unit nearby and apply to join them.  You would not, however, be able to apply to a Unit halfway across the country as a Recruit.

If you are joining the Regular CF then you will be assigned a posting by the Career Managers of whatever Trade you have entered as.  You may have an opportunity to select three postings where you would like to go and hope that the Career Manager has an opening and posting to one of them for you; but those are hit and miss, and seldom happen.

Back