• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

I'm thankful to have received the polio vaccine as a child.

Guess I could have survived without it. But, I remember seeing older kids with leg braces. And later on, lifting polio victims out of their iron lungs. In their living rooms.

Also thankfull that, back then, people did not get their medical advice in chat rooms. :)

I'm thankful to have received the polio vaccine as a child.

Guess I could have survived without it. But, I remember seeing older kids with leg braces. And later on, lifting polio victims out of their iron lungs. In their living rooms.

Also thankfull that, back then, people did not get their medical advice in chat rooms. :)
Yup. I remember a couple of kids in public school in the '50s wearing leg braces and crutches because of polio.

I suppose infection and mortality rates are cold comfort if you're the one. For folks with any virulent disease, the infection rate is 100%.

The polio vaccine was a true vaccination. The covid shots are not.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

The CDC says that is incorrect, as the COVID mRNA vaccines still trigger an immune response.

Anonymous internet chat room profile making medical determinations. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
And there is the issue - the internet and the preponderance of bullshit contained within it. In 1953 there was no internet - the best you could hope for in rural areas was the party telephone line and a newspaper. Education was scant and people post WW2 tended to do what they were told.

My wife was one of those who had polio (you can see the effect of it) and I do recall children older than me in the "Forest Gump" magic shoes.
I don't have stats available but I wonder what the death rate from polio was versus COVID.

Here are some stats on Polio.

Last edited:
Back