• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Accepting shipments in the NMDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mover1

Inactive
Reaction score
When selecting a shipment in the NMDS for furtherence to VK1. Does it have to go through TC? Or can I ship it directly to its DTA?

And if its outsise and you are doing the space request message what are the differences between lines three and four.

Funny you should ask. I feel like I have been talking about this very subject all week (which, in fact I have). If your shipment is (for example) going on a CF flight that is going directly to its destination , then the answer is no. However, sometimes this is not the case and you have a flight going through Trenton and your freight is going to be transfered to another flight to its destination then you would use Trenton as the ITA. You will still have to have the NMDS reflect that Trenton or TC is the "Next TA" and VK (as used in the example) as the "DTA". This doesn't necessarily only apply to "Air Shipments" but I am far too tired to get into the "ins and outs" of shipping by road or commercial carriers.

As for Outsize Space Requests I will have to look into the reason for duplicate info later on this week once I am back in the office.

Thanks Gramps That was both informative and sounds right on the mark. I should have lloked it up in the SOP's before I asked such a silly question. EGG ON MY FACE. I feel like such an armature.
I was doing a move not so ling ago where by a certan unit was enplaning to go on an exercise. The UEO failed to identify some dangerous goods and and it subsequently had to get bumped off of the flight due to compatibility reasons. Anyways the long of the short story it that due to this guys ineptitude and laziness. Key pieces of equipment showed up in for deployment with no power sources, and we were the ones who looked bad out of it.

Have you had anything similar happen to you.

Why yes I have. Just a few months ago for an Exercise in Virginia. The whole deployment was riddled with problems concerning Dangerous goods and a certain element of the Leadership of those being deployed. The short version is that they wouldn't listen until they realised that their freight would get bumped if they didn't sort out certain problems. We still ended up being th bad guys even after things were repeatedly explained. Well, I have to go to my First Aid refresher now. Cheers.

Really. Its a shame when people don't listen when you give your original brief. always at the pax counter I hear people complaining when I tell them that they are not allowed certain items in their carry on. I don't make the rules I only enforce them. Some are stupid I know. But I just tell the people that if they really needed aknife on the flight there are usually a few emergency axes in the plane.

I was trying to conduct NMDS training today and apparently the Reservists don't think that they should be training with he new privates. My Wo took me aside and told me to let it go and try not to upset them , for fear of them quitting and how we will need them to work weekends and fill in for summer leave.

I think they should all be fired as they are useless to us. In fact the work load is so light I don't know why we are hanging on to them. All they seem to do is sit around and eat candy bars and talk about the heydays of the 80's or about equipment that hasn't been in service for years. Drives me crazy especially when trying to motivate some of the privates. I think these guys are poison.

And once again, for the umpteenth time, we have to remind everyone here about Reg\ Reserve bashing. There's no need for it, and it won't be condoned.

Mover1,

There's numpties on both sides of the fence. Don't raise the count on your side with stupid remarks.

And once again, for the umpteenth time, we have to remind everyone here about Reg\ Reserve bashing. There's no need for it, and it won't be condoned.

Mover1,

There's numpties on both sides of the fence. Don't raise the count on your side with stupid remarks

if it is true it isn't bashing it is relaying a valid point or venting and i agree with mover1

Thanks for resurrecting a year old dead thread. BTW, welcome to the site. Do some reading before you get yourself in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back