• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

I've also been told that recycled tinfoil which still has some mustard on it is best for blocking certain brainwave sensor frequencies. Apparently it's the No. 6 yellow food colouring that's the key.
Dammit I only have dijon.

Erin O’Toole may not have a job come tomorrow.
I did not vote for O’Toole. Nor do I like the way he said all the right true blue things in the leadership convention, then flipped to a gooey pink centrist the next day. His interview,a out supporting the truckers last week was the last straw. He gave an answer that would make trudeau proud. Word salad. When the journalist said he didn't answer the question, he lied and then tried to talk over the reporter and drown him out. I don't know who will replace him if he loses tomorrow, I just know they can't be worse than O’Toole.

Erin O'Toole Is The First Politician To Fall To The Truckers​

Opinion
Written By Daniel Bordman
Erin O’Toole’s political career is dead, he just hasn’t admitted it yet.
After 35 MPs publicly signed a letter to oust him from leadership, Erin O’Toole grabbed his phone and took to social media at midnight to attack the Conservative base one last time. The best metaphor for what is below would be the violent twitching of a freshly decapitated chicken.

More at link.

Last edited:
Erin O’Toole may not have a job come tomorrow.

Erin O'Toole Is The First Politician To Fall To The Truckers​

Opinion
Written By Daniel Bordman
Erin O’Toole’s political career is dead, he just hasn’t admitted it yet.
After 35 MPs publicly signed a letter to oust him from leadership, Erin O’Toole grabbed his phone and took to social media at midnight to attack the Conservative base one last time. The best metaphor for what is below would be the violent twitching of a freshly decapitated chicken.

More at link.
The Truckers?

Yeah, I suppose his election results or the forced vote on conversion therapy were not the catalyst, 60+ MPs organized this from 5 days ago when the protest started to now to oust him.

Don’t you mean you curse all the CPC members who voted for O’Toole INSTEAD of Peter MacKay?

I think only Rona Ambrose could salvage the CPC crap-show at this point. Possibly Remple-Garner…
Remple-Garner likely pissed her chances away at leading a unified CPC the moment she publicly apologized for her “cis/straight/white privilege“ and her relative silence since C19 began.

Remple-Garner likely pissed her chances away at leading a unified CPC the moment she publicly apologized for her “cis/straight/white privilege“ and her relative silence since C19 began.
I must say, Season 6 of the CPC in opposition, rise of the SOCONs has been most entertaining TV to watch.

Cannot wait until tomorrows episode.

I must say, Season 6 of the CPC in opposition, rise of the SOCONs has been most entertaining TV to watch.

Cannot wait until tomorrows episode.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the CPC fracture.

A blue divorce is looking likely, I suspect though that would benefit any new non-Socon party, rural, more religious riding's would likely vote for a socon, so that party would stay a protest party forever.

A blue divorce is looking likely, I suspect though that would benefit any new non-Socon party, rural, more religious riding's would likely vote for a socon, so that party would stay a protest party forever.
And curse the country to another decade of Liberal government, or worse alternating Liberal and NDP governments. The "true blue" faction needs to learn that ideological purity is a path to the wilderness and social conservatism is a complete non-starter in suburbia. I would have thought that the lessons of the PC/Reform split, would have lasted longer. Unfortunately, that appears to not be the case.

I was thinking the same thing seeing Remple-Garner on P&P last night. I've never seen her look resigned like that.

... I don't know who will replace him if he loses tomorrow, I just know they can't be worse than O’Toole ...
You're far from the only person feeling this way. Does that mean anyone'll be better in general, or at best, they'll be "no better than"?

You're far from the only person feeling this way. Does that mean anyone'll be better in general, or at best, they'll be "no better than"?
Depends on whom you ask in the party…

Tim Houston has been surprising me - quite pleasantly so far.

Back