• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

One possibility: hater's still gonna hate whether we stop by or not, cheerleaders will like it or won't hate it (with with a few on-the-far-edge folks maybe rooting even harder for us).

Interesting tightrope walk looking "not as bad as 'they' say" on the one hand (thanks in part to a ton of money spent on advertising around the time of the climb in Team Blue numbers), and maybe bringing in a few more Mad Max element members - or keeping them from voting anything other than PP's Team Blue. The lead's still there as of the latest aggregating, so ....
View attachment 84734
I'd bet hard on Team Blue winning based on these numbers right now, but once they have to commit to specific things they'll do, won't do or un-do, it'll be interesting to see what happens to the numbers.

That said, as some way smarter than me have said elsewhere, would Mulroney have done a public, impromptu stop at a rally with "F**k Turner" flags or signs visible? Joe Clark visibly drop by a "F**k Trudeau 1.0" fest? Harper visit a "F**k Martin" soiree? Different times, different parties ....

No body who was already going to vote for the CPC cares about this. Anyone who doesn't like PP will be outraged at the hand drawn symbol on the inside of a camper door and PPs proximity to it.

I mean when you compare this to JT and LPCs missteps over the years it's beyond minor. Call me when pictures of PP surface of him in black face.

I mean when you compare this to JT and LPCs missteps over the years it's beyond minor. Call me when pictures of PP surface of him in black face.
I said it before. Its one standard of behaviour and conduct for Trudeau and another for Pierre. Notice he isn't slinking down in the polls any?

I guess if Pierre were to accidently mismatch his socks or have a crooked tie, some would feign outrage.

I said it before. Its one standard of behaviour and conduct for Trudeau and another for Pierre. Notice he isn't slinking down in the polls any?

I guess if Pierre were to accidently mismatch his socks or have a crooked tie, some would feign outrage.

I think it's a couple things:

1) Those who dislike PP really dislike PP; and

2) PP has made so few (any ?) missteps that the opposition is grasping at everything. And yet the polls don't seem to care. Many are expecting him to be in 220 seat levels by the end of the summer.

I tell you what though, he's got a lot to do when he forms Government and if he doesn't deliver it will kill the CPC and probably further erode the people's faith in our politicians and system.

2) PP has made so few (any ?) missteps that the opposition is grasping at everything. And yet the polls don't seem to care. Many are expecting him to be in 220 seat levels by the end of the summer.

I tell you what though, he's got a lot to do when he forms Government and if he doesn't deliver it will kill the CPC and probably further erode the people's faith in our politicians and system.
He has made missteps, his support of cryptocurrency being a huge one for me, though he seems to have stopped talking about that. He has also refused to actually state what his plans are, which is a very important thing for me, and likely a bunch of other voters.

Attacking the LPC is easy, especially at this point. His support is more tied up with being not Trudeau or NDP than anything else.

Regarding "blackface".

How it went last time,

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a lot has changed since 2021.

He has made missteps, his support of cryptocurrency being a huge one for me, though he seems to have stopped talking about that. He has also refused to actually state what his plans are, which is a very important thing for me, and likely a bunch of other voters.

We all have our niche issues. For me it's firearms. Either way, PP will likely have his chance to make us all look like fools. And my anger will be equally leveled at him if he doesn't deliver.

He would be a fool to release his platform this far before an election. When JT drops the writ you should get all the info you need to make your choice.

Attacking the LPC is easy, especially at this point. His support is more tied up with being not Trudeau or NDP than anything else.

No doubt the support is in opposition to JT, as people are seemingly identifying more with PPs messaging and signals than JTs now.

I really want to know what was going through Poilievre’s staffer’s heads when they (or he) suggested that they stop there.
If I were to guess, probably the old theme song to those Golden Grahams cereal commercials.
Party leaders don’t do “impromptu” stops, especially when it looks like they’re about to campaign.
I suspect it is rare (exactly because of the issues we see that that can cause) but I am pretty sure it was. I’m sure they had no idea that Diagolon stuff would have been there given a founding member of that group who PP shook hands with once advocated raping his wife. My guess is there will be no more impromptu stops like that.
Either they think that they have such a lead that they can be ok with alienating CPC voters who don’t lean as far right as the “F Trudeau” crowd, or it was a mistake. If I was part of Poilievre’s team, I wouldn’t suggest that the CPC go farther right.
Reports are that PP was very careful not be in any pics with those flags. It was probably a mistake and there will likely be more.

Can’t stand either of them, personally. I don’t believe either, as an individual, is fit for the job of leading our country.

This roadside stop with the convoy crew in Atlantic Canada (and yes that’s exactly who that crowd is) was an unforced error. The CPC of course has the support margin, if we believe the polls (which I generally do) to absorb several of these. But it’s still a cringeworthy choice by someone who aspires to lead a G7 country.

Not a big deal in its own right, but to those of us who understand who and what we’re looking at in that video it’s an embarrassing lapse in judgement on his part.

Can’t stand either of them, personally. I don’t believe either, as an individual, is fit for the job of leading our country.

This roadside stop with the convoy crew in Atlantic Canada (and yes that’s exactly who that crowd is) was an unforced error. The CPC of course has the support margin, if we believe the polls (which I generally do) to absorb several of these. But it’s still a cringeworthy choice by someone who aspires to lead a G7 country.

Not a big deal in its own right, but to those of us who understand who and what we’re looking at in that video it’s an embarrassing lapse in judgement on his part.

I see, what I assume are, Canadians in that video.

What do you see ?

2021 is the date your article and the date of the last election.

Right.

"Blackface" was 2019.

The National Post reported the results of the election that followed.

Of the 41 ridings in Canada where more than half the population is racialized, the Conservatives won just one in the 2021 election — Calgary Forest Lawn

I see, what I assume are, Canadians in that video.

What do you see ?

Not what; who. Tommy Everett, Sam Field et al. As I said. This is a convoy/convoy aligned group who keep changing their label as causes come and go- freedom convoy, rolling thunder, save the children, etc. These folks aren’t exactly unknown quantities. If a party leader wants to associate with them, that’s their right, but it speaks to that particular leader’s judgement and discretion.

Not what; who. Tommy Everett, Sam Field et al. As I said. This is a convoy/convoy aligned group who keep changing their label as causes come and go- freedom convoy, rolling thunder, save the children, etc. These folks aren’t exactly unknown quantities. If a party leader wants to associate with them, that’s their right, but it speaks to that particular leader’s judgement and discretion.
Left wing protests aren’t the only ones with professional protesters.

He can't release his platform yet. Trudeau or Singh will just steal it and modify it to fit their positions. Trudeau already did it with housing. Rest assured, he has a platform that he'll release in due time. Likely once the writ is dropped.

He'll need a large majority to negate the pushback from whatever the opposition is. He'll also have to deal with the left biased senate, holding up his initiatives.

Nonsense.

Wrong.

He stopped at an anti-carbon tax rally.

"If Justin Trudeau is concerned about extremism, he should look at parades on Canadian streets openly celebrating Hamas' slaughter of Jews on Oct. 7."

You're essentially saying citizens exercising their freedom of speech on a very normal issue (a tax) should be ostracised. So utterly anti-democratic of you.
No. They can say whatever they want. I don’t agree with them but whatever.

What I was meaning to say, @brihard said it better:

I don’t believe either, as an individual, is fit for the job of leading our country.

Wonder if voter enthusiasm will be any higher in the next, than it was in the last? ( 62.2% turnout )

Back