• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Once, just once, I would like to see this Federal Government actually stay within it’s Constitutional boundaries.
Like housing? #CarefulWhatYouWishFor
Isn't it somewhat of a shared sphere of responsibility ?
It's morphed from the original 1867 "provinces were responsible for establishing, maintaining and managing hospitals, asylums, charities and charitable institutions, and the federal government was given jurisdiction over marine hospitals and quarantine" version as health care became came out of the private sector.
... The more they wander into that space, the more lines of accountability get muddled and the more federal funding (which is not bottomless) gets diverted from things that are their responsibility (cough Defence cough).
VERY true, not just with health - ask Gilbeault about that ;)

That said, although most on the boards here are (rightly) keen on defence, we may not like the results of a nation-wide poll/survey/plebiscite/referendum where Canadians had to choose between Ottawa spending on health versus defence. Like many smarter than me have said, national support for the military tends to be a mile wide and an inch deep.

Like housing? #CarefulWhatYouWishFor

It's morphed from the original 1867 "provinces were responsible for establishing, maintaining and managing hospitals, asylums, charities and charitable institutions, and the federal government was given jurisdiction over marine hospitals and quarantine" version as health care became came out of the private sector.

VERY true, not just with health - ask Gilbeault about that ;)

That said, although most on the boards here are (rightly) keen on defence, we may not like the results of a nation-wide poll/survey/plebiscite/referendum where Canadians had to choose between Ottawa spending on health versus defence. Like many smarter than me have said, national support for the military tends to be a mile wide and an inch deep.

Even housing. The federal government's responsibility lies in managing the supply of money and the rate of immigration. Immigration should be based on provincial pull and not federal push.

As for health...as Maggie pointed out, it is easy to spend someone else's money.

Yet the Feds do not run that program. They tax the funds that deliver the benefit but its an independent board that RUNS the fund. That just might be a solution for other Fed responsibilities going forward.

Yet the Feds do not run that program. They tax the funds that deliver the benefit but its an independent board that RUNS the fund. That just might be a solution for other Fed responsibilities going forward.
Still governed by the feds and federal legislation. Run by a crown corporation. Guess who owns it? And it has a minister responsible for it.

Still governed by the feds and federal legislation. Run by a crown corporation. Guess who owns it? And it has a minister responsible for it.
It's great that we have a (one, so far?) program that seems to run well (except for the crappy RoI to contributors).

But the model for a pharmacy program is more likely to be like what we have for health care, or daycare.

I would bet dollars to donuts his followers have grown wealthy as well. Freeland and Eco Boi will probably retire off shore somewhere...it would be nice to see what wealth they have accumulated in the past nine years.
They likely all go over to WEF full time. Stay on the same teat they been sucking on for years as greedy whelps and continuing to destroy people's lives, with no thought to the damage.

The challenge by YZT580 was to show one. One was shown.

Quite likely yes.
Saw that so maybe they will come up with a decent programme. But they won't be taking to money to run it from their reserves so either we borrow it which is the most likely or we take it from another programme which usually means DND. Universal care just means that we will all have to put up with generic drugs and pay through the nose for those that aren't on the approved list. The dental programme that is out now is terrible. Our dentist, from what little info. is available, has decided that she probably will not sign on. It doesn't pay enough for her to maintain her office and her staff. Haven't seen any advertising around here for available 10 dollar daycare slots but I may have missed them and we spent 8 hours in emerg waiting to see a doctor because our universal health care doesn't pay enough to keep physicians in Canada so other than these little items universal drug care fantastic idea

Haven't seen any advertising around here for available 10 dollar daycare slots but I may have missed them
Wait lists are long (apparently have increased), the people able to access slots are usually well-off rather than the working poor or single moms whom the program was supposed to help, the number of the latter able to access daycare barely bumped up, the anticipated tax revenue from newly working mothers is probably not within an order of magnitude of what was hoped for, and the cost structure is causing some daycare businesses to fail. In short, the kinds of things people imagined were going to be the benefits have mostly not come to pass. A private enterprise would shut down a failed initiative; this will go on.

Meanwhile people will talk about all the good things they imagine a new national pharmacare program will achieve. No amount of failed, strained programs is enough to guide most people to a default position of skepticism, it seems.

I doubt all drugs will be covered.
Perhaps not, but covered drugs and devices will be covered for everyone. The news is reporting 'birth control' and 'diabetes medication'. What actual medications and devices that are included with be in the Regulation.

Perhaps not, but covered drugs and devices will be covered for everyone. The news is reporting 'birth control' and 'diabetes medication'. What actual medications and devices that are included with be in the Regulation.
Thus the problem I mention isn't dealt with. Prices will increase elsewhere if prices on covered stuff are controlled. People requiring medications not covered will end up subsidizing people requiring covered medications, unless governments completely forgo any attempts to control prices. And I don't see that happening.

The challenge by YZT580 was to show one. One was shown.

They likely all go over to WEF full time. Stay on the same teat they been sucking on for years as greedy whelps and continuing to destroy people's lives, with no thought to the damage.
An organization that's run by an actual Nazi...

(Okay he was born in 1938 in Nazi Germany, and both of his parents were award winning Nazis...can't help but think their social circles were also all nazis, and some of that stuff stuck with the young lad...)

An organization that admits to penetrating the cabinets of democratic nations in order to use those nations' resources to further their own agenda, that has been pushing media and internet censorship, and muses about a future where elections are 'no longer required'...

The fact that our Deputy PM sits on their Board of Directors just pisses me off. Conflict of interest much?

It's like Hydra from Captain America for crying out loud...

An organization that's run by an actual Nazi...

(Okay he was born in 1938 in Nazi Germany, and both of his parents were award winning Nazis...can't help but think their social circles were also all nazis, and some of that stuff stuck with the young lad...)

An organization that admits to penetrating the cabinets of democratic nations in order to use those nations' resources to further their own agenda, that has been pushing media and internet censorship, and muses about a future where elections are 'no longer required'...

The fact that our Deputy PM sits on their Board of Directors just pisses me off. Conflict of interest much?

It's like Hydra from Captain America for crying out loud...
When I was a kid, my parents knew a guy, a few years older than them, who had been in Hitler Youth. It didn't stick. You're going to expire from lack of oxygen if you keep jumping to such heights of overstatement.

When I was a kid, my parents knew a guy, a few years older than them, who had been in Hitler Youth. It didn't stick. You're going to expire from lack of oxygen if you keep jumping to such heights of overstatement.

Canada is not short of Displaced Persons, as they were known in the post war era. They were a mixed bag. They are now Canadians.

Back