• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

And Jen Gersen of The Line takes the PM to the woodshed.

The best line of the week goes to Jen Gerson:

"My last note is to any federal Liberals who would deign to read my heretical ramblings (presuming there are any of you who still listen to anything other than the gentle whisperings from the hollow wind tunnel of the collective Liberal rectum)."

That he is. And the campaign has already started.

As Trudeau shows no signs of stepping down, each day he remains the leader shortens the time available to pick a successor and groom them to win before the next fixed election date. There's 20 months left.
Like Biden, he can't announce he's leaving because there would be pandemonium. He becomes a lame duck and everyone stops listening to them. Everything would grind to a halt, with nobody in charge.

I expect a speech along the lines of

"We can no longer function as a government (with or without the ndp). Therefore, an election will be held on (date). Having accomplished most of my mandate (15 minutes of 'I saved Canada') and have decided to step down immediately. Until the movement picks a new leader, I will leave it in the hands of the Deputy PM."

As much as he wants to take on PP, his losing would be even more humiliating. His ego would be shattered.

You'd be talking about 'women' then ;)

The March 16 Angus Reid Institute numbers show quite clearly that men favour Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre, while women favour Trudeau. Among voters aged 35 to 54, a blowout 47 per cent of the men preferred Poilievre (against 28 per cent for Trudeau). While among women, those numbers flipped to 39 for Trudeau and 27 for Poilievre.

That's from a year ago. Pretty sure the current losses are more than that.

... NDP is pulling out of supply and confidence agreement 1 March of there's no pharmacare bill ...
Hopefully a huge, public donnybrook will break out between the two of them ...
Not yet - this just in ...

Not yet - this just in ...
Well some of us here called it lol…

February 29 is fast approaching........Leap day forty years ago......Dad did something.....
One commentator made an interesting point: like him or hate him, PMJT is a politician who's never been through an election loss cycle. Maaaaaaaaybe part of what's keeping him going is unlike those who've had that particular t-shirt - his father, Martin, Harper & others - people can tell them all they want about potentially losing, but he has no history to draw from to guide his wisdom - or to make him think it could happen to him. Lots of other factors involved, to be sure, but that can't be zero.

Others also say, though, that saying he's not leaving leaves him the most potential options if he ever decides to go. Of these two, the "what do you mean I can lose?" theory resonates with me.

Same commentator predicted IF this were to happen, look around May or so once a budget is passed with something he can peg "legacy" to, with a replacement maaaaaaybe selected by the fall.
... Will it be enough to save the Liberal Party.......I'm betting it could be.
Never say never, but if it does save Team Red, the clock is being allowed to count down miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty close.

One commentator made an interesting point: like him or hate him, PMJT is a politician who's never been through an election loss cycle. Maaaaaaaaybe part of what's keeping him going is unlike those who've had that particular t-shirt - his father, Martin, Harper & others - people can tell them all they want about potentially losing, but he has no history to draw from to guide his wisdom - or to make him think it could happen to him. Lots of other factors involved, to be sure, but that can't be zero.

Others also say, though, that saying he's not leaving leaves him the most potential options if he ever decides to go. Of these two, the "what do you mean I can lose?" theory resonates with me.

Same commentator predicted IF this were to happen, look around May or so once a budget is passed with something he can peg "legacy" to, with a replacement maaaaaaybe selected by the fall.

Never say never, but if it does save Team Red, the clock is being allowed to count down miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty close.

Have to wait and see what the polls tell us after the whole Pharmacare, and its details, issue is allowed to percolate with the populace.

I don't think its enough to stave off a loss, but maybe lessen the blow. That's my prediction.

Have to wait and see what the polls tell us after the whole Pharmacare, and its details, issue is allowed to percolate with the populace.

I don't think its enough to stave off a loss, but maybe lessen the blow. That's my prediction.
People won't give a rats arse about free birth control when they lose their homes or pay triple on everything to live

People won't give a rats arse about free birth control when they lose their homes or pay triple on everything to live
I should be much less critical; I'm entering the age bracket in which "free" drugs and dental care might be immensely to my benefit. And in retirement my income tax payable is going to be about 1/3 what it was. So I'm not really one of the people who is going to be paying for all this stuff. Suck it up, young folks.

What an utterly weak pharmacare agreement. Diabetes drugs and contraceptives (I wonder if male condoms will be free everywhere...) is all they could come up with? I really think reality came in that medications aren't free and tax dollars aren't limitless.

I should be much less critical; I'm entering the age bracket in which "free" drugs and dental care might be immensely to my benefit. And in retirement my income tax payable is going to be about 1/3 what it was. So I'm not really one of the people who is going to be paying for all this stuff. Suck it up, young folks.
Enjoy those birth control pills…

I find it interesting that the two “drugs” listed are birth control pills and diabetes medications.

Couldn’t possibly have been selected on the entirely cynical calculation of which demographic groups have fallen out with the LPC and need whooing back into the fold?

Back