• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

I didn’t like the fact that people made fun of Chrétien due to his stroke. I didn’t agree with some of the stuff he said, but judging someone for something they can’t change (like their voice) seems a bit petty to me.

Fair - making fun of voice or infirmities is wrong. And unnecessary.

But if you are still droning on about the same things 10 years later (how long have I been on this site? :D ) it seems reasonable that some folks are going to tune you out.

Cheers.

I didn’t like the fact that people made fun of Chrétien due to his stroke. I didn’t agree with some of the stuff he said, but judging someone for something they can’t change (like their voice) seems a bit petty to me.
True, but then Chrétien never said something stupid like cancelling my Disney+ subscription to easy my economic prosperity woes.

Perhaps we can get a pass if we have been listening to that same voice for a decade? Harper or Trudeau.
why should you get a pass? If they are lying through their teeth for sure but if it is just the tone or presentation, we really should be able to look beyond it and consider what it is they are actually saying

I hate those tag lines. Roasting and all that.

Just give me good pointed questions and fight to get straight answers from him.

Any one in the PMs seater deserves and should expect point and Frank questions, and we deserve pointed and Frank answers.
Fair enough. I did enjoy the interview Justin Ling did with him. I could tell Trudeau was squirming really good. I think he was expecting a softball interview there.

Sure, but my point is that we shouldn’t disregard someone’s points just because we don’t like the sound of their voice.
I agree with you 1000% - disregarding the substance of what is said based on something superficial and outside of someone's control isn't good, nor helpful, nor wise.

We are in absolute agreement.

BUT...have you ever seen how stupid her face starts looking when she's about to start some condescending bullshit statement, with some word salad on the side? Have you ever heard her speak?

I mean I know I just said we are in agreement, and that superficial nonsense shouldn't dictate what we take away from what people are actually saying...BUT...my goodness gracious...

If a baseball and a face were ever destined to collide...

(Last week I watched in amazement as she was being grilled by a CBC reporter who was taking her to task and not accepting silly answers...and Freeland said "the big thing to take away from this budget, is it's about fairness"...like what the f**k is that supposed to even mean?)

All of the above just to say that yes, I do absolutely agree with you. The substance of what is being said is what should matter.

My grandparents were able to watch the moon landing live on TV.

My kids won't be able to watch the next moon landing live because of technical difficulties beaming the transmission back to earth, apparently..
Well obviously it’s because of the Nazi base in that part of the moon…. :sneaky:

Looks like the budget didn’t do much help to the LPC. CPC seems to have hit their highest point now.

Any takers on if JT steps down after he sees the budget pass?
Is the budget passing a sure thing? I haven’t been keeping up but I thought the NDP didn’t commit to supporting it, and the Bloc and CPC were against it.

Possibly, but I want to see Canadian bond rates (especially 5-year) fluctuations in the next 4-6 weeks and the CAD:USD FOREX, and what Tiff Macklem says about those, before I go ’Full Taker’… 😉

Edited to add:

I know Angus Reid gets a lower rating than Nik Nanos, but still notes a polling climb for CPC and drop for LPC, based on a monthly survey on/about the 24th of each month.

IMG_4098.jpeg

Last edited:
why should you get a pass? If they are lying through their teeth for sure but if it is just the tone or presentation, we really should be able to look beyond it and consider what it is they are actually saying

Fair. But I am only human and sometimes, for my mental health, the ignore button comes in handy.

NDP will support the budget despite them making noise.

They have to. The moment the LPC lose the confidence of the house, the NDP lose their levers. An election now guarantees the NDP are irrelevant for at least four years. Their key policy objectives from their kingmaking arrangement are still in the oven and not done yet; NDP can and will make noise and the LPC won’t object, but the budget will pass.

Looks like the budget didn’t do much help to the LPC. CPC seems to have hit their highest point now.

I think he’s too arrogant to. At this point it’s a toss up whether the party writ large would want him to give some a chance, or to stay on and own a defeat that it’s unlikely anyone can avert.

So long as people keep seeing the BS that he and his ministers spew. This look at Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault pretending that the international market hasn’t noticed Trudeau telling Germany and Japan and other nations that Canada doesn’t do petroleum export, and that they really think Canada is attractive to invest in energy….other than, you know, investing in energy. Trudeau & Co. have been pretty darned effective in killing Canada’s energy industry.

So long as people keep seeing the BS that he and his ministers spew. This look at Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault pretending that the international market hasn’t noticed Trudeau telling Germany and Japan and other nations that Canada doesn’t do petroleum export, and that they really think Canada is attractive to invest in energy….other than, you know, investing in energy. Trudeau & Co. have been pretty darned effective in killing Canada’s energy industry.

Eco Boi is a liar and the eco terrorist representative in Parliament.

I agree with you 1000% - disregarding the substance of what is said based on something superficial and outside of someone's control isn't good, nor helpful, nor wise.

We are in absolute agreement.
As always, you have to look at things from a macro lens. At the micro level, a calm person who is willing to listen can hear the substance over the noise. However, they will nonetheless have their emotions affected, through no fault of their own, by the manner in which the message is communicated. If the person you are listening to is somehow annoying, then even though you may objectively "get" what they are sending, you will nonetheless forever have a negative emotional "mote" within your memory, whether you even notice it or not. Multiply that by thousands of people across dozens of events (say, press briefings), and you eventually start to have a real negative macro effect on the audience (the audience being the population at large). In summary, well spoken and likeable leaders are almost as important as the actual message.

Fair. But I am only human and sometimes, for my mental health, the ignore button comes in handy.
The best enhancement that they have added to TV in the last 2 decades is the mute button. Although having the channel select close at hand rather than having to get up means instantaneous results rather than having to listen for 20 seconds on the way to the tube.

NDP will support the budget despite them making noise.
Oh, I know. Just trying to maintain a positive attitude and wishful thinking on my part. 🙂

Singh wants his pension. That's his whole drive right now. Trudeau could stand up and announce the liberals would deregister the ndp after 2025 and singh would still vote for it to hang on until after Dilwali.

Back