• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

This is a lot of words to say, "I pulled a bullshit right-wing conspiracy theorist claim about boogeyman-de-jour DEI out of my ass, got called out on it because despite most of army.ca's users being generally right leaning they still embrace legitimate debate, and when put to task I skulked back into saying, well "I never staked out a position one way or another."

You can make a bunch of passive aggressive claims and link to Google search macros to suggest that the rest of us could understand your point if we just did some research. Guess what - most of us are at least somewhat read into the Boeing saga as defence enthusiasts so we immediately knew that your Trump-esque "many people are saying" was bullshit from the start.

I'd say do better, but you've made an entire career on this website of being full of shit, playing it off when you get called out by members all across the political spectrum, and then bringing the same bullshit out the next day as if nothing had happened. I don't know why I continue to engage, but I guess it's for the tidbits of actual subject-matter expertise that gets sprinkled into this forum a few
Sure.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter what I think.

Last edited:
What an odd turn this thread took. Complete with 2010s Facebook dad posters.

Anywho. We're broke, we know it. I wonder if this policy will survive first contact with the Tories in 2025 (if this trend in the polls continue). I'd hope they would accelerate the timelines quite substantially.

Another day on the internet, my dude 😉

Anywho. We're broke, we know it. I wonder if this policy will survive first contact with the Tories in 2025 (if this trend in the polls continue). I'd hope they would accelerate the timelines quite substantially.
Bolded these 3 things, and I think you're going to find out they're all incompatible.

PP is hitching his wagon to cutting taxes, fixing the economy, and trimming government size. I doubt "more money to the CAF!" fits into that slide deck.

Bolded these 3 things, and I think you're going to find out they're all incompatible.

PP is hitching his wagon to cutting taxes, fixing the economy, and trimming government size. I doubt "more money to the CAF!" fits into that slide deck.
I'm well aware. But I can still hope and dream lmao. I'd just want my armoured unit to actually have running vehicles. 😂

All true, but I am still saying that making a civilian airliner into an ASW aircraft is not “hand wave, we will bolt a bunch of mission stations in and have it done next week” exercise.

Modifying a commercial fuselage for a bomb bay is not trivial exercise. Weapon separation trials are not a trivial exercise. EMI/EMC trials are not trivial.

Everything is doable- please send money. And with a coherent project management structure. And with a few years.
Same goes for fast cars. You can drop a modern Hemi in a 70 Challenger but the whole electronic suite has to accompany it AND the 6 or 8 speed transmission

Same goes for fast cars. You can drop a modern Hemi in a 70 Challenger but the whole electronic suite has to accompany it AND the 6 or 8 speed transmission

Watched a Highway to Hell replay yesterday. Towing modern pickups out of the water. Write-offs. Electrics fried.
Same kind of problem with modern cars and electric locks and windows.

Electric Jeeps just don't make sense to me.

perhaps knowing our acquisition process as well as they do, Trudeau et al have provided a reasonable timeline for procurement. How long did it take to order new pistols? And what about those boots?

may not have a choice the way Putin is behaving in fact, during the last war didn't they suspend elections>

perhaps knowing our acquisition process as well as they do, Trudeau et al have provided a reasonable timeline for procurement. How long did it take to order new pistols? And what about those boots?
I'm not going to handwave the incompetence away by citing further incompetence. The people in charge can fix procurement at any time. They don't as it serves them better to have millions returned to the pot every year. There's not reason a pistol needs a generation to be replaced. I refuse to let the feds off the hook for the mess they made.

I'm not going to handwave the incompetence away by citing further incompetence. The people in charge can fix procurement at any time. They don't as it serves them better to have millions returned to the pot every year. There's not reason a pistol needs a generation to be replaced. I refuse to let the feds off the hook for the mess they made.
didn't intend to imply that at all, more of a tongue in cheek attack on the whole system

may not have a choice the way Putin is behaving in fact, during the last war didn't they suspend elections>
Harold Macmillan was once asked what the most troubling problem of his Prime Ministership was. ‘Events, my dear boy, events,’ was his reply.

The determination of PP as a leader will be his ability to divert from dogma and policy to react to events. Trudeau has failed miserably in this regard.

On the Defence file... it will take a rather significant event to see any Canadian government divert funding from election promises to CAF funding.

It all depends on what each leader defines as "significant"

The companies, other govts, etc all have a say as well.

We don’t buy enough of anything to get ahead in line, unlike say the US.

It doesn’t have to be (ask me how I know)…

The problem comes when there are requirements that don’t naturally allow it, the contractor doesn’t really understand those requirements, and the people representing the users and customer (they are different) don’t know how to explain them.
To be clear, if you were an ASW aircraft project manager, I would trust you to get it done right. And under budget…

To be clear, if you were an ASW aircraft project manager, I would trust you to get it done right. And under budget…
Been there, tried that (at a lower level). The current system of making sure we don't waste pennies prevents that type of thinking...

Back