• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

I’m not sure that “getting your ass handed to you by a country you tried to invade” is better than Canada right now.
In all fairness Ukraine wouldn’t last a few weeks without international help. Russia isn’t just fighting one country. That’s for the other tread though.

In all fairness Ukraine wouldn’t last a few weeks without international help. Russia isn’t just fighting one country. That’s for the other tread though.
The Yanks wouldn't have lasted without French help.

Is there any interesting points here or was it largely a regurgitation of LPC talking points and gas lighting the state of the CAF?
The only thing that caught my attention is towards the end of the interview Mansbridge asks Anand about more spending and she said something to the effect that it depends if Canadians are okay with it. And we all know how the average Canadian thinks about defense spending.

Last edited:
The only thing that caught my attention is towards the end of the interview Mansbridge asks Anand about more spending and she said something to the effect that it depends if Canadians are okay with it. And we all know how the average Canadian thinks about defense spending.
Well that's no different then its been since 1867. - But then she says "culture change" is at the top of our agenda". Back in 1867 at least defence of Canada was at the top of the agenda. At that point I started skimming it. At least Peter touched procurement when she segued to fighter jets. That was a laugh. She talked like it wasn't JT who screwed the whole thing up in the first place.

🍻

The solution is simple - strip all heavy weapons and ships and fighters from the CAF inventory and make everyone a blue beret peacekeeper. That will make the idiot chattering class happy - and the Liberal "elite" happy. Honestly I wonder where their heads are some days. Don't answer that - its a rhetorical question.

They have used the whole "its up to the Canadian people" as a cover for everything from Green Shift, Electoral Reform, Foreign Policy, and yes...National Defence.

News flash... you were elected to actually make decisions, set policy, and actually do something outside of "convening."

From a couple days ago; Peter Mansbridge interviews Defence Minister Anita Anand:

The PC started out with 10 min of Mansbridge talking about himself. And then he threw softballs at the DM and wasn't able actually pull answers from her.

That was 40 mins of my life I won't get back.

Has to be one of those most self aggrandizing podcasters I've ever listened too. Won't be listening again.

The PC started out with 10 min of Mansbridge talking about himself. And then he threw softballs at the DM and wasn't able actually pull answers from her.

That was 40 mins of my life I won't get back.

Has to be one of those most self aggrandizing podcasters I've ever listened too. Won't be listening again.
Peter has always loved Peter.

I watched that last night and thought 'better pack your bags Wayne, the Liberal machine will be displeased'. ;)
Even the Libtards must realize they’ve taken overt & public legal action against some, and were the ‘anonymous sources’ of sexual misconduct allegations against the rest that who is left to select is a pretty small pool.

If they did tell Wayne to take a hike, who else is really going to want the job?

Being CDS is absolutely a position to aspire to, most of the time… but who wants a job where the people above you are the ones you have to worry about?

Or it may well the Government may testing the waters so to speak .
Senior officers in this day and age do offer up anything that would be in opposition to Government policy. That goes doubly or more for the CDS.
Defence policy is completely alien to Canadian politicians of all stripes and even more so for the Prime Minister's faction of Liberal party. They are very unsure of their footing and very nervous and cautious to a fault.

Back