• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wrapping packages?

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Bit of a fast ball.

I'm mailing out some carepackages to Afghanistan, can someone tell me if they need to be wrapped in that brown paper or if I can just throw (tape on a piece of paper containing) the address, return address and list of contents on the front?

I don't have any brown paper and I don't feel like wrapping up 10 packages.

Apollo Diomedes said:
............................just throw (tape on a piece of paper containing) the address, return address and list of contents on the front?

Not being a Postie, I think you have all that is "legally" required, with the wrapping being optional.  However, I always find that the wrapping adds another layer of 'security' and makes it easier for Posties to find and read the address. 

Apollo Diomedes said:
Bit of a fast ball.

I'm mailing out some carepackages to Afghanistan, can someone tell me if they need to be wrapped in that brown paper or if I can just throw (tape on a piece of paper containing) the address, return address and list of contents on the front?

Hi Apollo,

I have been sending packages to friends in Afghanistan for the past 3 months. I just went to the post office and found there some big "bubble" envelopes (sorry I don't know how to call them in English).

They also offer some "cardboard" boxes that are very handy and I also used these twice.

At the post office, they told me that I could just right both (return/sending) addresses directly on the envelopes.

My friends got their packages 1 month later and everything was in perfect condition.

Alea

Hi, Alea,

They're usually called bubble envelopes, at least in my office.  :)

Alea said:
Hi Apollo,

I have been sending packages to friends in Afghanistan for the past 3 months. I just went to the post office and found there some big "bubble" envelopes (sorry I don't know how to call them in English).

They also offer some "cardboard" boxes that are very handy and I also used these twice.

At the post office, they told me that I could just right both (return/sending) addresses directly on the envelopes.

My friends got their packages 1 month later and everything was in perfect condition.

Alea
Alea, I'm sending hollow point ammunition and whiskey so I'm staying away from bubble envelopes but thanks!

George, right on thank you.

I'm not sure how receptive your MFRC will be to 10 packages.  We discovered there is a 2 package limit. A lady at Comox MRFC wigged out on my wife (Our 9 year old foster daughter even commented on the rudeness) for bringing in 6 and only took 5. It is an 80 km round trip to get there, so I just told her in the future, save the gas money and use Canada Post. 

Gramps said:
You are kidding about ammo and booze right?

I only asked the above question because of the legal and disciplinary ramifications of sending live ammunition so I seriously hope you were kidding, not to mention putting the aircraft/crew at risk carrying undeclared dangerous goods, there are a number of federal laws that would be broken by mailing that package.

;D

I'd be more worried about the Whiskey on the airplane!  Don't worry, it's in jest.  I wasn't even allowed sending a knife before..

Apollo Diomedes said:
;D

I'd be more worried about the Whiskey on the airplane!  Don't worry, it's in jest.  I wasn't even allowed sending a knife before..

Good to hear, there have been some interesting items sent through the mail system and in UAB returning to Canada that have contributed to slowing down the entire system.

Back