• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Worldcup 2006 (Note: May contain spoilers if you are recording games)

winchable

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Alright, it's that time again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a die hard England fan, and I readily admit that if we do not win (or at least beat the Argentines) I will lie down in the road and, amongst the tears and curse words, await my death.

Lets keep any discussion, articles etc. related to the cup in this thread.

Forza Italia!  So many disappointments since '82 ....anyhew let's try it  again.

Man...we really need Canada to make it in to the World Cup someday (well they did make it in'86 Mexico, but we all know that was a fruitless endeavor). It would be even better to actually cheer on your "real" home country. Hopefully this new MLS team we're going to field in Toronto (FC Toronto) will help Canadian soccer on a professional level. We need a place for our boys to play other than Europe, where they're not given a fair shot at making the cut on the big EU clubs.

:cdn:

Even though I am a 3rd gen Canadian, Poland and Ukraine all the way!!!!
I like being that one guy in the English pubs wearing a bright yellow jersey, or a very wonderful and noticable red Polska jersey.
Of course I've had to talk my way out of a few firey situations.  >:D

Che said:
I'm a die hard England fan, and I readily admit that if we do not win (or at least beat the Argentines) I will lie down in the road and, amongst the tears and curse words, await my death.

I'm with you Che! I truly believe that we can go all the way this year!

Go ENGLAND!

I have no clue how much of this cup I will get to see as I will be on exchange in Scotland. But I'm hoping to see as much as possible.

If you're in the UK you should get a chance to take in quite a bit of it.
They won't be as excited about it in scotland but generally speaking the country shuts down for the right matches.

Black Watch, the english might be Sassenachs, but they are Brits!  ENGLAND!!!!!

Well,

I will definately be watching Group C very closely to start, I hope the Netherlands can take out the Argentines early!

GO HOLLAND GO!

cheers

PV

I'll be watching the cup with a lot of foreigners, so chances are I'll be cheering for Serbia and Iran. But if otherwise applicable, go Netherlands!

Man, any Koreans in here?
I was born there and I did cheer for them in 2002 when they made it to the semi-finals.
Might as well do it again, but I don't think they're going too far this year.
Maybe to the second round, no more than quarters.
When Korea loses, I'm going to cheer for England. (If Wayne Rooney plays)
Few teams I will not cheer for
France
Switzerland
Togo
Germany
Sorry guys. I have my reasons.

GGHG_Cadet said:
I'm with you Che! I truly believe that we can go all the way this year!

Go ENGLAND!

I have no clue how much of this cup I will get to see as I will be on exchange in Scotland. But I'm hoping to see as much as possible.

If you are in Scotland during the World Cup, I am pretty sure you will see your fair share of games.

Back