• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Withdrawing my application tomorrow

Griswald DME

Inactive
Reaction score
I just received an offer from the RCMP, and I have accepted it.  The offer is bittersweet because if it weren't for the fact I've been waiting three years in the CF application process I would stick it out a bit longer and wait to join regular force.

I still need to get more details, but it looks like I'll be in depot starting early next year.  Regina in January sounds mighty fine now don't it boys!

Chimo!

Congratulations!

Three years for your CF application, how long did your entire RCMP recruitment process take?

Stu

Holy Crap Griswald, 3 years is a long time.  Ya know...if you slipped the Sgt. at the front a little...just kidding.  Just out of curiosity were you going through a PRESEC?

Good luck in the RCMP, I hope you enjoy it.

Griswald said:
Regina in January sounds mighty fine now don't it boys!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've been in Regina for 22 years. The only good thing about January here is all the stuff you got in December.

P.S. feel free to PM me if there's anything you want to know before you come here. I might be able to answer some questions for ya ;)

Thanks mrosseker, I may be in touch once the holidays are over.   It took me a while to gather the proper paperwork, references, medical forms etc. for the mountie application, but once it was in it took just over three months for them to get me an interview, and not much longer to call with an offer.   Its only taken 12 times that for the CF so far   :crybaby:

The offer is bittersweet because if it weren't for the fact I've been waiting three years in the CF application process I would stick it out a bit longer and wait to join regular force. Jesus can it really take up to three years, to enlist???

Griswald said:
I just received an offer from the RCMP, and I have accepted it.   The offer is bittersweet because if it weren't for the fact I've been waiting three years in the CF application process I would stick it out a bit longer and wait to join regular force.

I still need to get more details, but it looks like I'll be in depot starting early next year.   Regina in January sounds mighty fine now don't it boys!

Chimo!

Good on ya !!
I have two cousins who are Queens Cowboys at the mo one just got promoted too Cpl.
Just don't get big heded as most of the rookies we get here in N.Van.

Be fare and just

Good on ya for being excepting into the RCMP. I know Regina well, but I have not lived there in 10 years. Remember, its cold in the winter and reasonably warm in the summer (the storms can be bad), but most of all, its flat as the ocean on a calm day, and every tree in the city was planted by hand. Nice parks, small city (200,000), and you can drive accross it in 15 minutes.

The RCMP 'Depot Divison' is located in the west end off Dewdney Avenue. Quite a facility, as I was to the range and armoury also. The most complex and modern armoury and rebuild facility next to the FBI in Quantico, Virginia USA.

In 2000 I was home on leave. A friend of mine from 18 Bty, 10 Fd Regt RCA had been accepted too. I was invited to his RCMP graduation in the Drill Hall. Great dinner and quite a show, and a privillage to attend.

Good Luck!

Wes

Back