• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

William Dale Lockhart

Higgy

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a William D Lockhart?  ???  Former Army man in Manitoba in 1965...
Any info greatly appreciated.
Contact Tracy at
leigh_willowbrook@yahoo.ca

Oh where, Oh where can he be?
William Lockhart-
you may not know it yet but we are long lost family.
Would love to say hi and catch up.
hope to find you soon......
Higgy

Does anyone know how I would get a list of all the members of PPCLI 2nd battalion from 1965???
any ideas would be a great help!
searching for my dad..
Higgy

Start here:  http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/ati/intro_e.asp

But I've got to ask - How would knowing the names of ALL members of 2 VP in '65 assist in locating your Dad??  Perhaps a search of the archives (access to which can be gained through the above link) using his individual name/rank, etc would prove more fruitful?

Good luck to you.

Have you inquired through the Regimental Association?

i have the website for the association but there is no 'contact us' icon or address...

PS i also tried the archives on the DND site the last post left the link to- however records are not accessible online I have to email a request fpr information. ( which i have done recently)
As for why i wanted a list of ppl in 2nd Batt PPCLI,-
im not positive he was in 2nd batt. was hoping if i had a list I could see if he wa in 2 or 1 or what have you... Im new to this searching the army stuff and dont know my way around all the resources yet...
and yes that leads to wasted time and effort. Any suggestions would be welcome..
My father and mother  were in Wainwright in 63 and 64 and then  good ol' dad got shipped off to Manitoba ( shilo, I assume).
My mother was pregnant with me, but she never told my father and they never saw each other again.
Now  its like chasing a needle in a haystack trying to find this guy, just to tell him i exist and wouldnt mind talking to him about a few things.
William Lockhart -where oh where can you be?
Higgy :-\

Higgy said:
i have the website for the association but there is no 'contact us' icon or address...

PS i also tried the archives on the DND site the last post left the link to- however records are not accessible online I have to email a request fpr information. ( which i have done recently)

I got the following at the Regimental website (www.ppcli.com) by clicking the "VPP General Information" link on the bottom right of the home page (formatting lost during the cut & paste, but the information you seek is there):

STAGE 1 -INFORMATION SERVICES

The Volunteer Patricia Program - Patricias helping Patricias
The PPCLI Association has established the Volunteer Patricia Program to help all members of the Regimental family adjust to retirement and the changes this brings to our lives.

Finding your way around the Bureaucracy of Care

· If you (or someone you know) have a problem and don’t know what program can help or who runs it,· If you’ve been given the run-around by a number of agencies and aren’t sure what to do next· If you’re lost in the weight of information available, or· If you are afraid of inquiring and making a mistake that will hurt a future application

The PPCLI Association can help you find the program and contacts that fit your needs.

Whether you are a soldier about to retire at the end of your service, are being retired because you can no longer serve, or are already retired, the Regiment and the Association through the Volunteer Patricia Program is here to help you help yourself and help you make things happen. The VP Program does not replace programs provided by the Department of National Defence, Veterans’ Affairs Canada, the Legion or any other support department or agency. What we do is listen to your story and help you find a way to meet your needs. We act as facilitators to help you help yourself.

The VP Program’s Philosophy

The Regiment is a family whose members are under a lifelong bond to support o­ne another and their families. Through this support, serving members of the Regiment draw strength, and those who are retired maintain and increase their commitment to the Regiment and to the values for which it stands.

Who We Are

PPCLI Association branches help wherever possible, backed up by a core of national volunteers who gather information and expedite your needs. Volunteers assigned to help you will have received information o­n the programs that can help you and will be screened to protect your privacy.

We Help Anyone in the Regimental Family

Support is available to anyone who has served with the Regiment in any capacity and to his or her family and survivors. This is a no-fault program and all are treated as equal brothers regardless of rank or service or reason for release. The Association provides two forms of assistance to you.

Information Services. We provide information o­n support programs and agencies to help you find your way. Through this website (www.ppcli.com), the Association Newsletter and through VPP volunteers and other Association members you can get pointers o­n what is out there and where to find it. The volunteer will listen, assess your situation and refer you to the correct program and agency.There have been many enhancements to federal department programs supporting our soldiers and veterans. They are constantly changing, mainly for the better. o­nce you are retired you are expected to take the initiative and find out what is available and then get going o­n your own. The problem is that many of us cannot keep up to date and don’t know when entitlements and services have changed. We can help you do that.

Extended Services.  If you have a complex problem that cannot be resolved by referral, where referral fails, or if you require assistance in developing a plan to approach and navigate a department or a number of agencies, a volunteer will assist you in getting o­n the right track and help grease the rails for you.  If you are suffering emotional or medical problems, if you need help in resettling after release, or if you are facing the serious illness or death of a spouse, you may need more help.  A volunteer Mentor or buddy will be available to help you o­n a person-to-person basis.

Finding Program Information and Services

Federal department programs supporting our soldiers and veterans are constantly changing. o­nce you have retired you are expected to take the initiative and find out what is available and then get going o­n your own.

Information Sources and Key Points of Contact

Where you can find it

There are four main sources of information o­n support programs run by departments and agencies:

1. The Internet. We can help you find the right website. 2. Help lines. Most departments and agencies have help lines but you have to know what they are and how to make contact. We can help you here too.3. Program brochures. These are also great if you have access to the agencies that distribute them. We can also send them to you.4. People like us. You can get information from your local Legion Command or Branch Services Officer or from people like the volunteers in the VPP. We may not be experts in everything, but we can help you make the right contact.

In DND and the Canadian Forces

DND/CF have added many new support programs and created a central care agency together with VAC. These changes have occurred since the Quality of Life study and the o­nset of increased casualties and an ever-demanding operational tempo. Many DND and CF programs apply to retirees. If DND cannot help you, their close relations with VAC and other caregivers may be able to bring you the information and assistance you need. Here are some useful DND sources of information:· DND Web site. The principal web site for support services is www.dnd.ca/hr/thecentre. · For information o­n pensions and benefits, go to www.forces.gc.ca/admfincs/dappp/handbook · Info Line. The Centre’s info line operates during working hours at 1-800-883-6094 (after hours there is a call answering service). There are VAC representatives here as well.  · Brochures. Two excellent brochures are The Death and Disabilities Handbook (available o­n the DND website) and Moving o­n – A Handbook for CF members Preparing for Release (available from CF bases in hard cover).

In Veterans’ Affairs Canada (VAC)

VAC is expanding both its DND and veterans’ services. A new toll-free service is now in operation. Here are some useful sources:· VAC Web site. www.vac-acc.gc.ca. Click o­n ‘Clients’ and look from there.· Info Line. 1-866-522-2122.· Brochures. Among the most useful VAC brochures are A Guide to Access VAC Health Benefits (on the web), The Veterans Independence Program (VIP) also available o­n the web, and VAC Services and Benefits (hard copy o­nly).

In Social Development Canada (SDC)

SDC coordinates seniors’ programs at the federal level and coordinates with the provinces o­n seniors’ issues. SDC manages the Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security and similar seniors’ programs.· SDC Web site. www.seniors.gc.ca. This site has many useful links.· Info line. 1-800-277-9914.· Brochures. There are many useful brochures available from local SDC offices. You can also download many from the Internet.

In the Legion 

The Legion runs excellent veteran’s services programs. You are encouraged to seek Legion support if o­ne of their programs applies to you.RCL Web site. www.legion.ca. Click o­n Service Bureau. The names and contacts for Legion Service Bureau officers are contained here. You can also contact your local Legion branch Service Officer for information. There are dozens of federal government programs and many others run by provinces, municipalities and non-governmental organizations. If you are o­n the Internet, go to www.ppcli.com and follow the prompts to the VP Program and the Program Handbook. Look for the section in the handbook o­n department and agency programs and browse.  If you do not have Internet access, or cannot find what you are looking for, contact a volunteer by telephone using the number below. The volunteer will assess whether you need more extensive assistance and discuss the options with you.

The Tip of the Information Iceberg

These contacts points are the small tip of a very large iceberg. There are dozens of federal government programs and many others run by provinces, municipalities and non-governmental organizations. For a good overview follow the prompts to the VP Program and the Program Handbook. Look for the section o­n department and agency programs and browse. If you do not have Internet access, or cannot find what you are looking for, contact a volunteer by telephone using the number below. We will make every effort to put you o­n the right track or help you overcome any obstacles you may have already met.

The Second Stage – Extended Services

Some of our members may encounter complex or many-sided problems, or may have been rejected o­n their applications to VAC or another similar agency. Others may find the entire process too confusing for them. When this happens, referring them to a bureaucracy may not help. They need a helping hand along the way. For some this may be a simple as filling in a form or finding witnesses to a long past accident, but for others it may involve more proactive assistance to supplement the help that others provide or that none is in a position to provide. This assistance can range from coordinating home care to helping arrange a funeral service. Just to give you an idea of the range of assistance that can be provided, take a look at the case study in the downloads section.  The situations faced by retiring regular members who may be recovering from a physical or distress-related injury may be equally complex. We are now developing protocols with DND and VAC to see how we can supplement their services and improve the chances of a successful rehabilitation for these members of our Regimental family. If you need this kind of assistance or know of someone who does, please get in touch with anyone o­n the contact list shown below.

Contact us

If you need assistance or know of someone who does, or if you would like more information o­n the program, e-mail or call the Regimental Adjutant, RHQ PPCLI, PO Box 10500 Stn Forces, Edmonton Alberta T5J 4J5, Phone: (780) 973-4011, ext. 5450.  Email: radjt@ppcli.com OR contact the VP Program Facilitator by email at: vppfacilitator@rogers.com.

VPP Branch Contacts

Here are some useful VPP contacts to help you find help.
VPP Branch Contacts
Atlantic Bill Minnis (902) 659-2683 bminnis@pei.sympatico.ca
Calgary Joe Schulz (403) 246-4132 jmwschulz@shaw.ca
Fraser Valley Harry Chatry (604) 858-6393 h&hchatry@telus.net
Kingston Lou Grimshaw (613) 549-2500 lougrim@kingston.net
Man/NW o­ntario Fred Breurkens (204) 837-5181 fandjbreurkens@mts.net
Ottawa Bill Love (613)225-3457 bjlove@magma.ca
SW o­ntario Mark Fisher (905) 704-1610 ffisher9@cogeco.ca
Wainwright Bill Miller (780) 842-4997 wjm808@telusplanet.net
Vancouver Charles (Chuck) Wilson (604) 541-2843 SH61472@shaw.ca
Vancouver Island Liz Davies (250) 478-1275 elizdavies@telus.net

I realize that the above refers to many different "programs" available, not specifically to your query - but I'm confident that the Regimental Adjutant would be able to at least point you in the right direction.

Good luck to you.

(Edit:  additional clarification added)

I believe there was a Pte Lockhart in A Coy, possibly No 3 platoon, 2 PPCLI in Fort MacLeod army camp,  Germany, Aug 1968. It was a long time ago.

Well, it doesnt look good for me as far as finding my father goes.
I hope someone, somewhere on here knows him- and tells him he has a kid he never knew about. :-[
Wondering if anyone remembers him, or has any stories to tell of days when you may have served with him, way back when.
his name again is
William D Lockhart- was in 2PPCLI, trained in wainwright alberta, and was there in 63 and 64 then to manitoba for 65 and 66 and off to Germany apparently till 69.
Since I obviously never met him,  im just hoping someone out there remembers him and can tell me what kind of guy he was, or any stories you may remember
Thanks for all the search tips to those who tried to help-
Sincerely;
Higgy Lockhart

Higgy... if I base myself on what rifleman62 said - he knew your dad. Try there - PM the man.

I still think that you can probably find something thru the PPCLI association radjt@ppcli.com
It might be possible that he is a member of the Legion - in which case hou can put an Ad in the Legion magasine's "Lost trails" section.

There might be information available through the National Archives or, possibly through the National Pension Board. Obviously there is a question of "need to know")....

thanks geo- i DID pm the man- at no response since he posted last....
:-\
higgy

Hes not on military pension or benefits so vets affairs has no records on him. ( although they were willing to forward a letter to him if they had him in thier database)- DND wont give me his military file unless I have his permission. ( if i had that, I wouldnt need the file) the PPCLI association does not have him listed under thier last post, nor is he listed with the Legion's last post, and they do not keep track of members once they have left the military.
I found  a guy by the same name- ( and a gal by the same name as Williams wife)in Lynn Lake MB in 1979 both working for a mining company (Sherritt Gordon) but have no way to know if these ppl are the ones im looking for- or if so, where they went after that.Ive posted here, on rootsweb, and on lockhart family geneaology forums.
Ive called every WD William, Wm, and Bill Lockhart in the country. The only thing left for me to do is call every W Lockhart in the country ( there are approx 300 of them) and to gain information through public records ( which I am currently in the process of)
I hope he is not 'in hiding' as the most I could hope for would be a half hour or so to chat with him, ask him questions about the family, medical bckgrnd etc, and at best, I would like a pic of him, so at least I know where I came from. Thats all, no drama, no blame, just share info and talk. Ive tracked him across our fine country, and overseas- sounds like a rich life that I wouldnt mind hearing about.
Higgy

Does anyone know of a William D Lockhart? ??? Former Army man in Manitoba in 1965...
Any info greatly appreciated.
Contact Tracy at
leigh_willowbrook@yahoo.ca
Well, it doesnt look good for me as far as finding my father goes.
I hope someone, somewhere on here knows him- and tells him he has a kid he never knew about. :-[
Wondering if anyone remembers him, or has any stories to tell of days when you may have served with him, way back when.
his name again is
William D Lockhart- was in 2PPCLI, trained in wainwright alberta, and was there in 63 and 64 then to manitoba for 65 and 66 and off to Germany apparently till 69.
Since I obviously never met him, im just hoping someone out there remembers him and can tell me what kind of guy he was, or any stories you may remember
Thanks for all the search tips to those who tried to help-
Sincerely;
Higgy Lockhart

I am pretty sure this is my father. I know very few details about his army career but, same name, from Manitoba, had been based at wainwright at some point and was stationed in Germany in late 60’s as my brother was born there. Sadly if it is him I’m sorry to say he passed away 23 years ago.

I am pretty sure this is my father. I know very few details about his army career but, same name, from Manitoba, had been based at wainwright at some point and was stationed in Germany in late 60’s as my brother was born there. Sadly if it is him I’m sorry to say he passed away 23 years ago.
The lady hasn't been on the site since 2006. Maybe try her email from way back then.......

Back