• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Which U.S. College Major is the Worst for Finding a Job?

Some of those programs are also an absolute waste of money. I'm thinking Police Foundations or even in my own Industry where certain Colleges advertise progams for aspiring applicants:

The railroads run their own training programs and we psy people good money to undertake our training. I have no idea why someone would to go to school for this when it means nothing and we will give you all the training ourselves?
Curious - in your line of work do people applying get extra “points” so to speak applying with the certification, even if they have to do the training in house from scratch? If it increases the odds of success in the already-provided training, it might make sense, but if it doesn’t, it truly is just a cash generator for colleges.

Tangentially, I wonder if this program is designed for everyone except Infanteers ;)

NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBER SUBSIDIZED TRAINING AND EDUCATION PLAN​

The Non-Commissioned Member Subsidized Training and Education Plan (NCMSTEP) offers full-time paid training or education at Canadian colleges, universities and other postsecondary establishments for authorized courses of study related to military occupations. This program allows our members to attain the knowledge and skills they need to perform demanding tasks in diverse environments, as well as optimize their professional development.

If you wish to work as an expert in your field, you may want to consider enrolling in the NCMSTEP.

Curious - in your line of work do people applying get extra “points” so to speak applying with the certification, even if they have to do the training in house from scratch? If it increases the odds of success in the already-provided training, it might make sense, but if it doesn’t, it truly is just a cash generator for colleges.

If qualified,

VIA Rail

LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER

Hourly Rate : 71.53

Application Deadline: 2024-04-13

Tangentially, I wonder if this program is designed for everyone except Infanteers ;)

NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBER SUBSIDIZED TRAINING AND EDUCATION PLAN​

The Non-Commissioned Member Subsidized Training and Education Plan (NCMSTEP) offers full-time paid training or education at Canadian colleges, universities and other postsecondary establishments for authorized courses of study related to military occupations. This program allows our members to attain the knowledge and skills they need to perform demanding tasks in diverse environments, as well as optimize their professional development.

If you wish to work as an expert in your field, you may want to consider enrolling in the NCMSTEP.

Excellent program but only for specific occupations listed on the link.

Back