• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting AFTER CFAT …

Mama_workman

Reaction score
Hello,

My son successfully took the CFAT on April 12th. Just curious how long it takes for the next step? So far we are just waiting & have been told that he will be needing a medical done & interview. Just curious if you can help me w a time frame?

Having recently gone through this portion of the process, I get the impression it depends on the recruiter and their numbers. I had to wait a few weeks until the next available medical date. They likely waited until they had enough files to make it worth a medical officers trip from brigade since they didn't have one in house. If that particular recruiter doesn't have people lining up it may take longer. My date particularly they ran 8-12 people through medicals and even had a few extra people on scene doing physicals. Good luck

I am the Step mom ….. He is applying! He is turning 22 in Jan & just needs a change & exciting chapter to look forward to. Hates his current job & just bored of life.

I am the Step mom ….. He is applying! He is turning 22 in Jan & just needs a change & exciting chapter to look forward to. Hates his current job & just bored of life.
Please don’t be a helicopter mom. Your son is an adult and wants to join the military. Would you be contacting WalMart or Scotiabank for progress on his application if he had applied there?
I’ve had moms to call the doctor because their adult son/daughter needed a medical to get promoted and wanted to book it for them and find out results of tests, etc. if they want you involved they will tell you but they need to do all the work themselves.

Yes, HE needs to learn patience. In the military “hurry up and wait” is the name of the game.

Back