• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VISA help

nULL

Inactive
Reaction score
So, my roommate's girlfriend wants to go to a "beauty school" in Vancouver in January. Being a silly little idiot, she waited until the last day to pay a two hundred dollar deposit. At that point, she practically begged for me to pay her deposit with my VISA, in return for two hundred dollars cash.

Stupidly, I did so. At the time, I figured what the hell. I'm not losing anything, so why not? A better credit rating for having paid off my VISA right away?

So last night, I am coming home from the armouries with my coworker/friend/roommate who just happens to be dating this girl. He told me that the school called a short while ago "demanding" she pay some fee or other, and said that if she didn't pay within a certain amount of time, they would automatically charge the credit card.

MY credit card!

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Calling the school, telling them to disassociate the card from the account? Is automatically charging a card even LEGAL?

I would call the credit card company, and tell them that no further transactions are authorized for that vendor. Even if they can't do that, they can probably help you out.

I'm sure you've learned a lesson here  ;)

I think muskrat89 is right in saying that you should be calling your credit card company and explain that no other transactions from the 'beauty shcool' be charged to your account. 
Good luck with the situation.

Elisha

You may have to go to the Bank and have that card "CANCELLED" and get a new one.

If this is for a VISA card, you have the right to dispute the charge made on your account. As noted above, you are best off calling up your customer service and advising them of your situation. As far as I know cancellation is not necessary, although it would prevent any and all chargebacks.

BTW additional charges before school starts sounds more than a little fishy to me. If the deposit is paid in full, on time, then there shouldn't be any more issues until full tuition is due.  

Note: If you still have an issue contact www.pctia.bc.ca as they are responsible for private post-sec schools here in BC.

Try the 1-800 number on the back of the card,

They'll advise you of the best course of action,

(Since your not getting any action from the lady.)

Ben

Back