• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC claim for TMJ

Nimbus_cloud

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

1st time post, so bare with me. Back in August I submitted a claim for my tmj, and I am receiving ongoing treatment (mouth guard, botox etc).

Back in March 2024, VAC reached out and said that they needed the medical records for the civie clinic that I was referred to.

I was able to get the medical records and I submitted it to vac, and the strangest thing happened; they opened a second claim on my behalf for "
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Myofascial Pain of the Masticatory Muscles"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I guess what I should be asking is whether or not I should take this as a good sign or should I be prepared for the usual VAC nonsense?[/COLOR]

VAC has recently changed how they handle claims. Instead of denying claims thus forcing someone to fight it (which is difficult and time consuming) they put claims on hold and wait for more evidence/diagnosis.

Check your My VAC account and see which step your TMJ application is on, including if it's on hold. It's possible the MMP claim makes more sense and they opened it to help you quicker.

The best person to ask would be a VAC case manager who can explain the status of your applications.

Last edited:
Hi, have you been waiting since August? I but a claim in beginning of February, I am curious of the time line?

Back