• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Unofficial" Armoured Corps Song

jhman

Inactive
Reaction score
What I am looking for is the second unpolitically correct verse to the Armoured Corps Song.

There is not much left of our old guard and those left either don't remember or will not repeat it.

The first verse is:

Armoured Corps, Armoured Corps
Far from home.
People don't like us,
They leave us alone.
We drink when we're thristy,
We drink when we're dry.
If people don't like it
They can **** off and die.

Any help?

Must be something local or unit. I've been kicking around the Corps for the better part of forty years and don't ever recall hearing that one. Perhaps there really isn't a second verse and someone's got you on a wild goose chase.

I overheard it over 10 years ago when our sister regiment from England visited (a bunch of drunken Brits and old Canadians after a long night of drinking). The song has reappeared whenever SrNCOs - with or without Brits - are overindulging.
The first verse was considered acceptible for the outwardly going Cpls and has been handed down.
Possibly a British song or from WWII / post war ie. REFORGER?

I was also on a number of REFORGERs in the early 70's and don't recall it. As well as spending many 'overindulged' hours with the Brits. Sorry no bells and can't help.

jhman said:
... The song has reappeared whenever SrNCOs - with or without Brits - are overindulging....

Just to save you some grief - Sr NCOs (and WOs) NEVER "overindulge" - they simply drink the "required amount".  ;)

Your story (and song) is an interesting one - best of luck running it down.

Okay. Probably my best bet is to find a couple of ex-CFLs or RSM/Capt types from the era and proscribe the "required amount"

jhman said:
What I am looking for is the second unpolitically correct verse to the Armoured Corps Song.

There is not much left of our old guard and those left either don't remember or will not repeat it.

The first verse is:

Far from home.
People don't like us,
They leave us alone.
We drink when we're dry.
If people don't like it

Any help?

Circa 1985- My Arctic Indoctrination Course ~ Frobisher Bay (as it was known then) and then through Pangnirtung into Auyuittuq National Park ~

We sang as follows:

We're Arctic, we're Arctic,
We're far from home,
If people don't like us,
They can leave us alone.
We drink when we're dry,
And if you don't like us
just **** off and die.

Just sent an email off to one of my course-mates from way back when ... to get you that second verse of what is not really, I believe, any Corps' song.

Sang it about 5 minutes ago to the BF ... (SSM D Sqn RCD) ... he's never heard it in an Armoured Corps context either, but says his hockey team in New Liskeard had a version of it they chanted when he was a wee one.

I've heard the second verse once. Definitely not for public consumption but worth remembering as a historical aberration. The phrase "box lunch" appears multiple times.

jhman said:
I've heard the second verse once. Definitely not for public consumption but worth remembering as a historical aberration. The phrase "box lunch" appears multiple times.

I agree. There is a 2nd verse. The BF thinks so too ... actually he's humming the damn 1st verse again right now. I'll be damned if I can remember it though --- it's been since 1985!!

I've emailed Perry though - and if anyone will remember the 2nd verse (I actually think there were three verses) ... it will be he.

If the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck
I'd swim to the bottom and drink my way up
But the ocean's not whiskey and I'm not a duck
So let's go to Germany and have a good f...

ArmyVern said:

If the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck
I'd swim to the bottom and drink my way up
But the ocean's not whiskey and I'm not a duck
So let's go to Germany and have a good f...

Not a verse I remember but it might be good to get back to the "original" along with any remaining verses. A lot of our young Ptes just seem to be just marking time on their way to the Regs or off to college. Instilling something they remember could bring them back to the fold or produce stories of "When I was young I remember Cpls et al singing...".

Ohhhh, and here i was thinking "skinamrinkidink skinamarinki doooo"  >:D

eurowing said:
Ohhhh, and here i was thinking "skinamrinkidink skinamarinki doooo"  >:D
Aw thanks.  Thanks a lot.  Now I have to report to the "What song is in your head" thread. :rage:

jhman said:

The first verse is:

Far from home.
People don't like us,
They leave us alone.
We drink when we're dry.
If people don't like it

Any help?

Been trying to remember the tune this would be from and then remembered this one:

Rye Whiskey, Rye Whiskey
Rye Whisey, Rye, Rye
If I don't have whiskey
I'll live 'till I die.

Back