• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

two questions about the canadian forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkron91

Inactive
Reaction score
first if there is no war does the canadian forces still recruit and can you still do infantry solder. and when you are a infantry soldier can you do advance training right away or do you got to be in for so long or is it just up to the person there self. because when i join i wanna do what ever advance training i can do as a infantry soldier.

The CF recruit all the time, and yes you can be an infantry soldier when the CF isn't currently in operations. I don't really understand the last part of your question, but to advance in rank you must have certain courses, time in, etc.

Two points

1.  I would recommend reading this thread,http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/17703.0.html it has most of the answers you seek.  After you have read it and you still have questions ask away.

2.  On this forum we appreciate proper punctuation.

Welcome to the site and hope you find your answers.

CDN Aviator said:
When was the last time the CF had no operations going on ?
I think there might have been a couple of days back in the early 19th Century, but back then it wasn't the Canadian Forces...so I'm not sure if that technically counts :rofl:

After BMQ there's SQ and BIQ. After that you don't usually decide what courses you go on. Your section commander and platoon warrant are the ones who pick what courses you go on afterwards.

dangerboy said:
Two points

1.  I would recommend reading this thread, it has most of the answers you seek.  After you have read it and you still have questions.

ok thanks ill make sure to check next time. and for the person who did not understand my last question i was asking when i am a infantry soldier can i do advance training right away as in parasuit training mountain warfare training tactical training any kind of infantry soldier training. or do i got to be in the canadian forces for so long or is there requirments to do some stuff?

masterkron91 said:
parasuit training mountain warfare training tactical training any kind of infantry soldier training

I have never heard of this course. Its got a long-ass name to boot.

Must be done at the Canadian parasuit center or something i guess........or Tip Top Tailors.....either or.

Maybe Moore's......

dangerboy said:

And spelling.

I echo dangerboy's welcome.

CDN Aviator said:
I have never heard of this course. Its got a long-*** name to boot.

Must be done at the Canadian parasuit center or something i guess........or Tip Top Tailors.....either or.

Maybe Moore's......
i`am not sure what the names of the courses are but just put it this way as soon as soon as i`am a infantry soldier can i do courses that make me a better infantry soldier? and is it true that you cant pick what courses you want to do? pretty much i just wanna try to do as many combat courses  as an  infantry soldier. Even if it includes sniping courses or  parachuting courses or any kinda combat upgrade courses 

masterkron91 said:
i`am not sure what the names of the courses are but just put it this way as soon as soon as i`am a infantry soldier can i do courses that make me a better infantry soldier? and is it true that you cant pick what courses you want to do? pretty much i just wanna try to do as many combat courses  as an  infantry soldier. Even if it includes sniping courses or  parachuting courses or any kinda combat upgrade courses 

Well I'm pretty sure (feel free anyone to correct me if I'm wrong) that you won't be able to do every single course possible. You have to realize that some courses, like sniper, are a specialization. That is to say you train to be that specific role. There are plenty of options to choose from, but if I were you I would focus on getting to that level first. I'm sure your interests in the different courses will change. 

After BMQ there's SQ and BIQ. After that you don't usually decide what courses you go on. Your section commander and platoon warrant are the ones who pick what courses you go on afterwards.

As well please look through the relevant forums you will find many of your concerns addressed and answered.

Milnet.Ca Staff

*locked-- usual caveats apply*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back