• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Two dead at CFB Borden?

1911CoLt45

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello

I Just heard on the news tonight that two members at CFB Borden have been found dead.  Both had the same last name but apparently they were not related.  As this will most likely be not covered by the news in depth, has anyone hear anything about this unfortunate event.  One was a 2LT and the other a private.  I live 20 min from Borden , so I could imagine that this might be kept on local news.

Sad to hear

The news had the details correct. Although both members had the same last name, they were not related, nor were their deaths related.

As for any other details not released --- I'll leave that up to their respective families to release if they so choose.

This was on base?! God, thats tragic. My thoughts are with the families and the base.  :salute:

.... here:
Two soldiers have been found dead at CFB Borden.

Second Lieut. Francois-Olivier Gauthier, a logistics officer and Private Martine St. Onge-Gauthier, a supply technician died suddenly at the area military base over the weekend.

"Both incidents were isolated situations and not related," said Second Lieut. Carrie Pluck, who handles Borden's public affairs.

An investigation is being conducted to establish the circumstances of the deaths.

"The thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the two members at this sad and difficult time," she said.

A notice of Gauthier's death was posted on Veritas, the electronic newsletter of the Royal Military Colleges Club of Canada.

The funeral ceremony is expected to be held this Saturday in Sorel-Tracy, QC. Instead of flowers, the family has asked that donations be made to the charity, 'Action Suicide'.

From Veritas:
Just prior to e-Veritas 5 going to press – we received word that 2Lt François-Olivier Gauthier (RMC 2009) passed away suddenly at CFB Borden.  No other details are available at this time.  We expect to update this post as the week progresses and as more details become available.

The funeral ceremony for François-Olivier is scheduled for Sat, 6 Feb:

- Urn showing begining at 1000

- Ceremony at 1400

The location for the showing, ceremony, and reception will be :

Centre Funéraire Yves Houle

180 rue Prince

Sorel-Tracy, QC

450-742-5959

The family has requested that instead of flowers, they would prefer donations to “Action suicide” (charity).

Obit in French

My condolences to family, colleagues and friends  :salute:  :salute:

Back