• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trying to find Harris 152 attachments

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can look at sourcing or finding these attachments for the Harris 152 radios?

I'm looking for the adapter that let's you detach the battery from the radio allowing you to lower the radios profile. Also looking for a coax style antenna so I can move the whip from the radio to elsewhere on my gear.

Hoping to find 3-4 of each but one would do too.

If you make friends with the CSTs at your unit, they can make you a custom cable to put the antenna on your back.

I could try that. Do comms people have rules about modifying radio equipment? Like in the shop level?  I know when you get really technical you're not allowed a non-issued C7 sling.

Its really no different than having the radio sit on a table with a connector going to a vixam mast or field expedient antenna. I will warn you that by remoting the whip off the radio, you'll lose a little bit of range because there's typically 3 connectors in the system (nerd hat on, connectors add resistance so less power will come out at the whip) instead of a direct connection between antenna and radio.

Thanks.

Do you lose battery life when the battery is attached with a cable and adapter too? Not sure proper terminology.

Not that I've seen. Since the batteries are pretty high capacity, any loss would be pretty negligible.

If you are going to remote the batteries you can get a cable that allows you to plug a manpack battery into a 152. That will give you a tonne of time before you need to swap batteries.

Ludoc said:
If you are going to remote the batteries you can get a cable that allows you to plug a manpack battery into a 152. That will give you a tonne of time before you need to swap batteries.

That would be something worthwhile to pick up too.

I personally found a significant difference in the Harris's reliability / power when hooked up to the 522 lithium battery as opposed to the 152's stock battery.

Back