• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Top ten Canadian military Regiments/Missions

CEEBEE501

Inactive
Reaction score
Umm semi NSFW (its askmen.com so...) but interesting none the less
And yes I know that some of the information is a bit questionable

http://ca.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment_200/245_top_10_list.html
http://ca.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment/top-10-canadian-military-regiments.html

The Royal New Brunswick Regiment is the most decorated in all of the Canadian Forces with 70 battle honors to their name. Known colloquially as the North Shore Regiment, they were the first Canadian regiment to fight in WWI, seeing their first action at Vimy Ridge and carving out Canada’s military reputation in the process. Without the boys of The North Shore ushering Canada’s modern military standing around the world. The country certainly wouldn’t have held the fourth largest volunteer force in the world by the end of WWII. The North Shore guys were the ones who took it to them and completed their objective on Juno Beach during D-Day, on top of the fact that they suffered 125 casualties.

Wow, someone seriously needs to start doing some real research.

What about the concept of Perpetuation?

Here are the list and origins of the battle honours of the RNBR.

I won't bother commenting on the rest of the article.

Yah like I said the information is questionable.
I just found it interesting in what order they decided to put it in.
But you have to admit the #1 on the list of battles is deserving of its place, even if some of the info is a bit off.

CEEBEE501 said:
But you have to admit the #1 on the list of battles is deserving of its place, even if some of the info is a bit off.

Sure, as long as its worded: "The RNBR have the longest list of battle honours, which were accumulated through the battlefield accomplishments of the many units they perpetuate and have amalgamated."  By all means, but them first if a count of battle honours currently held is to be the only criteria, but if the author is going to make a case on the list of honours, he should at least try to understand what he talking about.

Poorly presented and inaccurate history only helps to confuse understanding of our military history.

The funniest part and very wrongly informed part is that they claim the Canadian Government does not aknowledge the existance of JTF2.
The artical seams to be made mostly of asumptions. And a quick look on Google corrects their information quickly, wonder where they got any of their information?

Michael O`Leary said:
Sure, as long as its worded: "The RNBR have the longest list of battle honours, which were accumulated through the battlefield accomplishments of the many units they perpetuate and have amalgamated."  By all means, but them first if a count of battle honours currently held is to be the only criteria, but if the author is going to make a case on the list of honours, he should at least try to understand what he talking about.

Poorly presented and inaccurate history only helps to confuse understanding of our military history.

Either that or we've got an epic militia unit full of 130 year old bad ass Fusilers.

# 7 for the top missions got me: "It was the 2nd Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry Division (PPCI) who stepped in, ordered to provide cover for their escape." I do not know where the writer got his information from.

Ugh....
Black Friday.... not a great day for the BW.. Frontal assault in an open field going uphill.... Yetch
R22R - only regiment in the world created on the basis of language & culture ?  What about the Gurkhas.  What about the Highland units.. and the whole Canadian corps was "new on the scene" during WW1
JTF2... since when does the JTF use the Intelligence star as their cap badge ?

Michael O`Leary said:
The Gurkhas are Canadian?    >:D

Not at all... but the article stated that the R22R was the only regiment in the world created on the basis of language & culture.
I figure that the Gurkhas can put in a claim for that....

Back