• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Things not to say in the CF...

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
As the title says....

Sergeant Major: Schultz you got three extras for your behaviour.

Schultz: I say 2 extras plus a Timmes.. final offer.

Sergeant Major: 4 extras, no Timmies and that's an order.

*Lesson learn. Don't try to hagel (sp?) the Sergeant Major out of extras.*

Regards,
Duty NCO Schultz
On Guard...

MCpl - Did oyu polish those boots today troop?
Pte - no MCpl
MCpl - WTF? why'd you tell me that? 2 extras
Pte - Yes MCpl
MCpl - Troop, you need to learn the difference between telling the truth and screwing yourself over

How about ' Hey Sir'..

That will draw atention.

On parade practice for the peace keepers parade in Esquimalt, a certain CPO2 Bosn inspecting (he is now a CPO1)..  Stupid answers from stupid people.... Either that or they were just looking to push his buttons.

CPO2:  When was the last time you polished those boots

Another guy
CPO2: Holy *#it, ARE YOU CHEWING GUM?
CPO2: Do you see me here smoking? What makes you think you can chew gum in my drill shed.

And another
CPO2: Did you iron your shirt?

Needless to say it was an entertaining practice/inspection.

A number of years ago a CPO2 told my brother in Law to get a hair cut before coming back from lunch.  We had a beer and he forgot. When the CPO2 seen him after lunch he said "OS I thought I told you to get a hair cut." He looked right at the CPO2 and said "I did chief, it's in my locker. Should I have put it on."  The CPO2 lost it.

Many years ago on a GOC's parade examining one of our sappers rifle's (the FN at the time)

Gen: Spr Bloggins you have little green men in your rifle... What are you going to to about them?

Spr Bloggins: Little green men Attention. Move to the right in file, by the front quick march......

Needless to say Sapper Bloggins had an all expense paid trip to Edmonton.....

Area CWO bellowed at me across the square in Victoria one evening - but, as he just yelled "Hey You", I carried on what I was doing.  2 minutes later, he came barrelling purple faced into the office I was working in.

A/CWO - "Don't you acknowledge someone when they yell "Hey You" across the square?"

Baby MM - "Sir, I have rank on my arms and a nametag on my chest, if you can't be bothered to use either, I have to assume you're not talking to me, so no."

I would have become a green creamsicle if my CSM hadn't heard what was going on and started playing duelling pacesticks.

MM

Addressing a WO..... hey, whoa, like when trying to stop a horse, not good  :-X :-\

RSM:  Pick a number between 13 and 15 MCPL

Me:    14 Sir

RSM:  Thats how many extras you have MCPL

RV        85

on basic- "That's not how we did it in cadets"
On TQ5A-  "That's not how we do it in the regiment"
in the regiment- "That's not what we were taught on TQ3"

"Hey watch this!"

Said during a basic Demolitions course...

"No YOU are wrong Sgts Major!"

Self righteous subby to angered CSM...

Sergeant (on inspection): Why are you laughing? Do you think I am funny?
Stupid troopaloop: Yes Sergeant.

Parade Practice in Gagetown few years ago.

Right Marker (Cpl RCD) to the RSM (PPCLI) : "RSM, on me." *Gives the "On me/head tap" hand signal.

WO (who stutters badly) to Gunner,"What did-ddiddn't you you under fkkkking stand? Did I stttttutterrrr?"
Gunner, "As a matter of fact, yes."
WO, "You seeeee thhhat handspikeeee Gunnerrrr, graaaab ittt and sttttarttt fkkkn'in runninnnng."

Self as officer cadet during lecture on 3.5-in rocket launcher. The instructor was quizzing the class on effective ranges and pointed at me and barked, "tanks." To which I answered, "you're welcome."

The next little while was spent running around the block with my rifle held over my head, but even after almost six decades, it still was worth it.

Old Sweat said:
The next little while was spent running around the block with my rifle held over my head, but even after almost six decades, it still was worth it.

I think you can stop running now.

If you are an Ocdt on course, never answer a query by a WO or above using only their last name. 
*Example:
WO - "Officer Cadet Smith!?"  (with great urgency)
Ocdt - "What would you like Jenkins?" (with nothing even remotely associated with a sense of urgency)

*Names have been changed to protect the guilty
I must admit this little gem slipped out by total accident as I was occupied when called, however, immediately afterwards a feeling of barely describable dread shook my being to it's core. Definitely a "Alright brain, what have you gotten us into this time brain?" type moment.

Old Sweat said:
Self as officer cadet during lecture on 3.5-in rocket launcher. The instructor was quizzing the class on effective ranges and pointed at me and barked, "tanks." To which I answered, "you're welcome."

:rofl: That's pretty priceless.

Back