• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Taking new Recruits in April?

I see this same problem all over the place..wait times are way too long. I'd like to know if there is anyone from Newfoundland here as it doesn't seem to take as long from St.John's to get on course, provided of course that you're a suitable candidate (med ok etc etc)
Also one more thing for those of you inquiring about the 031 being closed until April, that doesn't mean that you will be going in April for sure, it means that there is another selection board in April and the basic may not be until May or June, you may want to inquire with the recruiting office.  :salute:

hey guys i actually got a call from my local RC here in Windsor with a job offer with the PPCLI for an Infantry position of course i accepted it and i get sworn in March 23rd at 10 am and my basic date is April 16th  just thought i'd tell ya guys that i was waiting about 4 months since i was merit listed..Thnx guys for all your help and if any of ya are going on course with me write back a PM or something k

Good on ya Justin!

Don't catch the clap from the Commandant at JD's!

You'll know who I'm talking about soon enough...   ;D

(Look for blonde hair, a sloped forehead, beer belly and a desire to live in the shacks 'rent-free'; if you know what I mean.... :dontpanic:)

This post was not intended to detract from any of the fine people of Wainwright; just the select group of regular's at JD's. You know who you are - and I know who you are!

After waiting 8 months i finally got a call and a job offer for PPCLI as Infantry, my basic starts April 12, 2005, Will be sworn in on April 4th..

The PPCLI outstanding troops. I worked with them on several missions and a commando course many years past. Good luck to you.   

Hey Jarko i hope mines getting changed to that date b'cuz that way were on the same course maybe same flight outta T-Dot!!! Just hope lol i know i am would be nice to know someone before hand especially not too far from my home town too..well ttyl man

Jusitn

Actually Jarkco good news kinda lol i just got a call from my recruiter and im getting sworn in now on Apirl 1st and still have the April 16th basic date as far as i know so hopefully it all goes smoothly from now on lol...

well im still the 16th so you guys might be a different job training im going Infantry i thought they make everyone for Infantry train together for basic or does it not matter just curious??

If you see the 6'6 tall guy, then its probably me. Cya there

Btw, did they tell you when your basic will end??  They said mine will last till June 16th.

As far as I know, trades are not seperated during BMQ because basic training is the same for everybody anyway.  Yeah, provided all goes well, (and it will) my grad should be June 16 as well.  ttyl

yea im suppose to graduate that do too i think but weird how they told me i go there April 16th and not 4 days sooner like you 2 are you going for Infantry though thats what im going for???

No, I'm gonna be a ATIS Tech in the regular force.  Are you reg infantry or res?  Starting BMQ on a Saturday would be strange for regs, unless you're course actually starts on the 19th which would be a Tuesday and your flight is on the 16th.  Call your recruiter and find out for sure.  My flight is on April 9 but my BMQ doesn't start until the 12th. 

I'm going for reg Infantry, btw, do they pay for your transporation there??

well the 16th is a sunday just weird how im not on Jarko's course im like a couple days... later just kinda pisses me off lol, well its not a big problem just im still going so thats all good. well they would probally for me i heard fly me from Windsor to Toronto and then from there to Montreal and yes they pay for plane tickets so i'd be on the plane with some guys on my course more then likely i would hopefully like to think so anyway

Back