• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Surplus stores

For anyone in the Vancouver, BC area, Dave's Surplus and Westleys Surplus -both in New Westminster- are quite good.  I've not been to Westleys (I've heard from friends), but the staff at Dave's are very friendly, their prices are decent and you get a discount if you're in the forces or law enforcement.

LOL yeah heros is a joke. I hate the idea of even buying paintballs and C02 from them. Dont even think about buying anything electronic from there because it will break as soon as you take it out of the box. And when you walk in they always call you "boss" or "cheif" or something rediculus like that and its just annoying how they're always on your case about buying something of theirs.

People, people... An idea...

If any of you are in the reserves, in the Linc+Welland Regiment, they have an "agreement" with the local army surplus store of 15% off EVERYTHING. I haven't been there for along time so I don't know if they still honor it, since it wasn't "official" and all. But hey, why not organize something like that up in TO with that Beaver place you all like???

Just an idea, hope I'm not getting any sh*t hitting the fan by saying that if any higher-up's are reading...

Joe

bigwig said:
LOL yeah heros is a joke. I hate the idea of even buying paintballs and C02 from them. Dont even think about buying anything electronic from there because it will break as soon as you take it out of the box. And when you walk in they always call you "boss" or "cheif" or something rediculus like that and its just annoying how they're always on your case about buying something of theirs.

O god i hate the boss and chief crap

Hero army surplus has to be the absolute worst place on earth

Anyone know where I can get a replica Victoria Cross or some other medals?

I think Central Surplus is awesome.  The guy knows my brother so he gave him a discount on British expiremental desert DPM.  I also got a DPM tunik for $42.  That's good right?

My friend got a whole US woodland uniform with some badges and stuff on it at Kensington Market for $8.  Anyone ever been there?

BDTyre said:
For anyone in the Vancouver, BC area, Dave's Surplus and Westleys Surplus -both in New Westminster- are quite good.   I've not been to Westleys (I've heard from friends), but the staff at Dave's are very friendly, their prices are decent and you get a discount if you're in the forces or law enforcement.

Daves is pretty much the best surplus store I've been to, lots of good stuff in their store, their friendly and have good prices, plus I like my discount there   ;D

bluesmaster, why do you want a Victoria Cross and other medals? Just for a collection or?
Also, it'll be pretty much near impossible to find a VC for sale, maybe a repro/knock off, best bet for that would be ebay or something.  

Yea just for a collection.  It's an LCF (looking cool factor)

bluesmaster,

Although I'm loathe to consider a VC part of the LCF, as long as you don't plan on wearing it around town.

You might want to try
Canadian Medals Mounting Shop in Nova Scotia http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/medals.cmms

They have/had a supply of replicas, although Ii'm not sure about the VC.

Hello Folks, great shop in Hamilton,

Ottawa Boot & Surplus Store  
88 Ottawa Street North
Hamilton, ON
L8H 3Z1

Tel: 905-544-6858

Happy Hunting
sales@armyissue.com

SWEET!!! I hope to get into that store ASAP!! Thanks for that tid bit of info there!!  :salute: :cdn:

HERO=BAD

BEAVER=GOOD

I read in a previous post about the guy at Hero's saying "hey chief" and such.  I never really thought about it but yeah it was really annoying!!

Cheers!! :cdn:

The Army Guy

Hm.  I tend to shop at Save More quite often.  The old guy behind the counter doesn't seem to be around lately, which definitely makes the shopping experience more pleasurable.  Otherwise, they know what they're doing, and their prices are decent for what you're getting, which is good condition used stuff, and lots of new stuff.  Haha, my dad used to and still does shop there.  They have been in biz for a really long time (what is it now...50 years or something?) and they do treat cadets well with a discount.  I dunno. 

Yonge/Wellesley is not my favourite place to go, I know that.  But on occasion, if you need a size another store doesn't have, they might.  And Beaver's is good too.

Cheers!

creatve outdoors is right by my house and I have gotten alot of good paintball equipment from there for reasonable prices... other then that, I would recommend LeBarons for alot of stuff, like knives. not necessarily military but good socks have never killed anyone...

I have to say, that if you want to try oakville outdoor, it is wise to do your research, but they will do trades on certain items and you can haggle. Triple A in  Kensignton market is a great place to find US ww2 items, their knowledge is very dull though and the store is way too packed. I have been to beaver, pricey, but they have some great deals on canadian surplus items, another place in the area is m and m's. wTalk to the owner he will give great deals on insignia and clothing and can order several wanted items at unbelievable prices, look this pl :salute: : :gunner: :akimbo: :flame: :mg: :sniper: :cam: :rocket:

Save More Surplus' Bad Rap

I was visiting Toronto with a friend on October 30th.  I decided to browse Save More Surplus which is Queen and Jarvis at Moss Park.  When I  was browsing the store. I decided to try on one of the helmets.  I tried on the helmet and I was to put it back on the shelf, the store keeper snatched the helmet from my hands and told me that the helmets are not to be touched.  When I am in Angies in Barrie,  she lets me try on her hats and helmets.

I think Save More Surplus will probably lose business becuase many customers will not shop there anymore due to the ignorance and rude sales pitches Save More uses. 

I thought with the name of Save More,  I thought everything will be cheap and the owners are willing to make barters and discounts on their stuff.  Many customers were misled by the name and went elsewhere to spend their money.  If enough complaints for Save More are filed,  someone may take them to the Labour Relations Board for the ignorant staff.  I hope the people of Save More will give me a good discount if I shop there at a later date.

most of us at MPA refer to them as "Spendmore's" or "Saveless".  Only thing I use 'em for is if I managed to misplace my boot blousers, and/or am running out of shoe polish and aren't going to be in a Canex anytime soon.  Their military discount DOES make the prices a bit lower than other surplus stores I've been to, but thanks to their attitude I so my best to stay away from that place.

The Army Guy said:
BEAVER=GOOD

lol, truer words were never spoken.....

Well i have only ever been to Angies out of all the ones listed, and i wont buy anyhting from there. They do about a 200-300% markup on all military kit they get. I only use it for stuff i forgot, and am about to go on ex(like your "spendmores")

just a little further west, and you can also visit Army Issue, in port credit. Jeroon's got a pretty good collection of clothing etc, and he can also get some stuff in if you request it.

Back