• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Strike

Chargersfan

Reaction score
Man, what will a strike do for people waiting eons for decisions??

It’s getting ridiculous at this point.

Likely it will be strategic striking, with key personal and administrative chokepoints. That go on for awhile, the goal being to impact government as much as possible, with as minimal impact on the public. Part of a strike strategy is to maintain sympathy with the public. That only goes so far though.

I just hope this time that everyone remembers we are on the same team. We all have to stay calm and relax instead of becoming violent towards each other.

We've been told the picketers will allow traffic into and out of the dockyard on the half hour for 5 min periods.

Should be fun getting up and down Barrington lol

I just hope this time that everyone remembers we are on the same team. We all have to stay calm and relax instead of becoming violent towards each other.
picket lines can make people mob up become and quite ugly. lets hope not.

Just remember their raise goes on the national debt…to be paid (with interest ) by our children and grand children.
As does every tax rebate you claimed this year.......be a Dear, and give it all back. ......and forego any VAC claims. Had nothing to do with my Grandchildren.

no angry GIF by Atomic Puppet

Just remember their raise is your raise,......except you don't lose any money trying to get that raise. Be kind....
yep but need the PSAC members on board. In the past it was a bit weird somethings that happened.

Shearwater had some military members change into civilian dress and hold the picket signs at lunch time to give their civilian co-workers a break.

Stadacona had at least one military member and civilians get in a physical altercation at the main gate.

Halifax a Cpl was hit in the back of the head with a picket sign while trying to get into the cheque facility to pick up cheques. This was really funny as the cheques he was picking up were the civilians last ones from working prior to the strike. Arrangements had been made for them to receive them at the Halifax armouries and they needed a member of the military to pick them up from the facility because they were on strike.

Various locations military members have become aggressive with frustration of trying to get to work. Relax, the work won't run away and will still be there when you get in.

Let's hope this time everyone remains sane. Me, I am taking the laptop home and hope they will let me WFH some of those days. If I have to wait outside an hour or two hopefully the weather will be nice.

Most important - thanks PSAC members for fighting for us. Stay calm and stay safe if you do have to picket.

We've been told the picketers will allow traffic into and out of the dockyard on the half hour for 5 min periods.

Should be fun getting up and down Barrington lol
Weathers getting nice. Cycling and walking are usually quicker.

As does every tax rebate you claimed this year.......be a Dear, and give it all back. ......and forego any VAC claims. Had nothing to do with my Grandchildren.

So, injury payments are the same as union demands? Really? That’s how it works in your head, huh? If the gov is unwilling to pay up, I’d be happy to sue and we can dispense with VAC entirely. I would be happy to exchange my infinitesimal tax rebates for a 20% reduction in the PS.

yep but need the PSAC members on board. In the past it was a bit weird somethings that happened.

Shearwater had some military members change into civilian dress and hold the picket signs at lunch time to give their civilian co-workers a break.

Stadacona had at least one military member and civilians get in a physical altercation at the main gate.

Halifax a Cpl was hit in the back of the head with a picket sign while trying to get into the cheque facility to pick up cheques. This was really funny as the cheques he was picking up were the civilians last ones from working prior to the strike. Arrangements had been made for them to receive them at the Halifax armouries and they needed a member of the military to pick them up from the facility because they were on strike.

Various locations military members have become aggressive with frustration of trying to get to work. Relax, the work won't run away and will still be there when you get in.

Let's hope this time everyone remains sane. Me, I am taking the laptop home and hope they will let me WFH some of those days. If I have to wait outside an hour or two hopefully the weather will be nice.

Most important - thanks PSAC members for fighting for us. Stay calm and stay safe if you do have to picket.
That was in 90s no?

Most important - thanks PSAC members for fighting for us. Stay calm and stay safe if you do have to pipicket.PS
If PSAC was fighting for us, we wouldn't have lost severance pay. If PSAC was fighting for us, PLD would have been an issue for them a decade ago. If PSAC was fighting for us, they'd be insisting military members have pay parity PLUS 15% military factor, instead of having a stroke when a military member thinks they should make more money.

CMP just broke the glass ceiling and we got a (weak) cost of living increase without their garbage politics and grandstanding. They've never even thought about the CAF every 4 years when they inevitably strike ao they can pound sand as far as I'm concerned. I hope it pisses rain on every picket line so they can feel what it's like to be a RCAF member turning planes around in a storm, RCN members in a gale at sea or CA members completing any field task just for a few minutes.

If PSAC was fighting for us, we wouldn't have lost severance pay. If PSAC was fighting for us, PLD would have been an issue for them a decade ago. If PSAC was fighting for us, they'd be insisting military members have pay parity PLUS 15% military factor, instead of having a stroke when a military member thinks they should make more money.

CMP just broke the glass ceiling and we got a (weak) cost of living increase without their garbage politics and grandstanding. They've never even thought about the CAF every 4 years when they inevitably strike ao they can pound sand as far as I'm concerned. I hope it pisses rain on every picket line so they can feel what it's like to be a RCAF member turning planes around in a storm, RCN members in a gale at sea or CA members completing any field task just for a few minutes.

PSAC is not "fighting" for you...and why should they? Do you pay dues to them? You get the raise they get therefore what's good for them is good for you though.

"Severance"? I had a Union representing me and I still lost severance pay way back in 2016 so nothing new there.

Your wishing bad things for them because you stay on a job that's can suck, and has no representation speaks more about you then them I'd say. Maybe be "that guy" and start an association movement and then folks can wish bad things on you from petty jealousy places.

Not any wishing going on that I see. I do think in that some attach too much merit to PSAC doing things for the CAF. I don’t think that’s their motivation TBH. Like most Canadians, I don’t think *PSAC members really give *much of a thought to the CAF, just to their own situation.

Last edited:

PS lost severance pay as well. Why 15% pay factor? Just because or do you have a formula for that? When have they had a stroke when CAF members have asked for more money? Please point to that.

I’ve done enough field work that a little rain tomorrow won’t melt me. And news flash. Not everyone wants to strike. Guess what? I don’t pretend to fight for you. But don’t pretend like you don’t benefit.

See link below:

Yeah I mean just reading that link pisses me off to no end about how they aren’t looking out for CAF members and veterans joining the PS. So many BS things they do to not give them opportunities. Who do they think they are trying to try and make things easier for them eh?

Back