• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

St Jean Oct 3 to Dec 15

cgyflames01 said:
Are you getting sworn in at Calgary or Edmonton??? Next wednesday I'm being sworn in at CFRC Calgary.

Yeah, I'm getting sworn in at CFRC Calgary too.

ab136 said:
Maybe the extra weeks on this BMQ are to account for a "lay-off" or Christmas break.   I know the RC shuts down at Christmas maybe the Mega does as well.   Just my 2 bits :salute:

Yes, you will get 2 or 3 weeks off at Christmas time..Christmas leave it is. Everyone gets it off unless you are on a deployment overseas or if you have a vital job that needs to be done yearround, or shiftworkers. But Oct 10th BMQ ends a full 5 weeks after Oct 3rd, so they are definantely going to have a couple weeks more than we on the Oct 3rd are going to have.

P...

May I ask, what are you gentlemen doing to prepare PT wise,   We have three weeks to maximize results.

P-Free said:
Rumour I heard was starting in September they were increasing BMQ to 14 weeks and doing away with SQ. But BMQ is still only 10 weeks long though the date starting on Oct 10 is 13 or 14 weeks long, so it might be in the new year that they phase SQ out.

Interesting Rumour.... so does the rumour include what they are going to be doing with all the non-army types that also take the same BMQ? All those naval and AF types will be getting SOLDIER qualification?

Sorry... its entirely possible that some version of what you are saying is happening, but at least some substantiation of your rumour would be nice. (BTW, I recognize you are saying it is a rumour, but  you should have qualified your earlier comment as such as well).

i was told by my recruiter that BMQ will be bumped up to 13 weeks...but that was a few weeks ago now.

All I know is that my BMQ is 10 weeks roughly. I HIGHLY doubt they'll phase out SQ. If they did that, they would have to seperate army from sea and air and have a specific BMQ for army only, then cram the approx 10 weeks from SQ into the army-only BMQ. Just a lot of messing around I think.

As for PT prep, situps/pushups on alternating nights, and weights. Running 4km, but that's though rugged woods uphill half-way, downhill the other half. An obstacle course in itself!

atticus said:
When I'm working out I'll do 25 pushups in a set and 30 situps in a set. I'm acually not able to run right now because of an injury (and it makes me super anxious that I'm not) but before the injury I was doing the 2.4 in about 10 minutes on a good day.

I know I was selected on the September 5th selection board because I spoke to my file manager about half way through August and she said that an officer who is no longer there made a mistake on my file (he said I was merit listed a long time ago but it turns out I was never acually merit listed until I phoned beggining of August and asked what was going on).

And you reported to the CFRC that you had an injury?

kincanucks said:
And you reported to the CFRC that you had an injury?

When I was called and told that I have an offer, she asked me if I have any legal, medical obligations ect. I told her I hurt my foot and I'm not running right now. She asked me if it will be okay and I told her that it will be healed before Oct. 1st and nothing else was said about it.

This rumour I heard came straight from peeps in the training system..the ones who will be training us. I believe what they want to do is leave the SQ stuff to combat arms battle school.

P....

I just got my letter today (finally after waiting for almost a week). Anyways I found out I'm on course 0220. Is everybody else on this course during these dates?

Seems like everyone got their course numbers but me :(

atticus said:
If you got your letter its right on it.

I did get a letter in the mail along with a booklet regarding Borden BMQ. There is nowhere on the letter that has a course number. I looked it over and over.

Huh, mine says it right near the top in the first paragraph. Maybe it just depends on the officer who wrote your letter.

No numbers on my letter at all, except phone numbers and bmq date.

I'm in too, outta Vancouver though.

Getting flown out on the 30th to St. Jean.

Finally, but much sooner than I expected.

I got the same letter, yesterday. It says in the first paragraph, that I'll be 0221. and I fly out of Calgary on october first.

Got THE call today!!
See ya all in St.Jean this sunday AHHHHHH
Good luck everyone!

Holy smokes they sure called you close to the leaving date! Do you know what your course number is?

NO... I dont know ANYTHING!! Im suppose to get sworn in this friday, and I guess im leaving sunday cuz the 3rd is the start date...and everyone reports the day before right....but they didnt even tell me that.  The L/s told me i could pick up my package on firday with the instructions and all (too late to mail it), Im gonna call the CFRC and see if i can go pick it up myself.  Finding out your leaving soooo short notice is kind of disorienting.  At least I found out 6 days before...and not like my buddy who found out 2 days before he had to report!

Back