• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some new JTF2 Pics

scm77

Inactive
Reaction score
Some interesting pictures of JTF2 both in training and operating in Afghanistan.

They're are big so 56kers beware.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32128

They should really get those whiteheads looked at...

okay i couldn't resist. 
:)

Question: Why are they wearing american combats in the second pic from the bottom?

Big Foot said:
Question: Why are they wearing american combats in the second pic from the bottom?

Perhaps to blend in with a unit they are currently operating with...

Before CADPAT was issued, JTF-2 use to where American DEU's, i guess they figured that the US pattern worked better then OD. I dont blame them.

Rangers Lead The Way!

Do you mean BDU's or DEUs...

BDU = Battle Dress Uniform.

Q.Y. Ranger said:
Before CADPAT was issued, JTF-2 use to where American DEU's, i guess they figured that the US pattern worked better then OD.
Q.Y. Ranger said:
O yes...sorry...i meant BDU's.
Are you certain of that?  And do you know that the pictures were taken before CADPAT?  Could there be some other operational/training reason?

Our Recce boys used to wear British Smock tops prior to the CADPAT.  LCF thing I think.  Damn pretty boys
Couldn't find a handle on a coffee cup.  :)

Judging by the fact that many of the pics show guys in OD, i'd assume they were taken prior to the introduction of CADPAT. And I guess crappy camo is better than no camo at all.

Q.Y. Ranger said:
Before CADPAT was issued, JTF-2 use to where American DEU's, i guess they figured that the US pattern worked better then OD. I dont blame them.

Really?
(I know you meant BDUs, but the question stands)
Acorn

"Before CADPAT was issued, JTF-2 use to where American DEU's, i guess they figured that the US pattern worked better then OD. I dont blame them."

Based on what information?

"Rangers Lead The Way"=American and should be left to them along with "hooah"

Q.Y. Ranger said:

Stay in your lane cadet.

CFL said:
"Rangers Lead The Way"=American and should be left to them

Yup

along with "whoaa"

Silly, it's "Hooah"!

Whoaa sounds like something the Dukes of Hazzard would say.  ;)

Well, the fellow on the left is clearly wearing a CadPat shirt or jacket underneath his winter whites. You can see it peeking out of his collar. I give them a C- for camo effort. The mix of 3 or 4 patterns in the same outfit is a bit gauche. And they've made little effort to match their rifles to the environment. As well, the wearing of only the white top in an environment clearly needing bottoms as well smacks of laziness.

Perhaps the American woodland trousers their wearing are goretex?

I suppose you could do better? Looks like they took a break and are relaxing a bit, does not speak of laziness to me.

Then again its easy to be critical when there is nothing in your profile....  ::)

Sir,

Well, I don't wanna argue with the DS :), but whether I can do better or not isn't relevant in regards to the truth of my statement. Likewise, if someone's profile states "secret super-commando" or "member of Canada's Elite Forces", does it make what they say more true? No. We have to consider statements on their own merits.

When considering whether my statements are true, we should look at the photo and  compare their attempts at personal camouflage with CF doctrine as layed out in BGL-392-009/FP-001 - Fieldcraft, available online from the Army Electronic Library in PDF format. BGL-364-001/FP-001 - Land Force Counter-Surveillance is another very useful text on this subject.

While the fellows are clearly on exercise (why else would they be posing for photos?), it behooves them to practice their fieldcraft skills at every available opportunity as their lives will likely depend on it. Like an imagery analyst once told me, "I'll trust my eyes before I trust other sources", and my eyes tell me these two are less camouflaged than they could be.

Regards,

ibucephalus

I am sure the JTF guys appreciate tactical advice and PAM references....

How is that everytime someone posts a random picture of some Spec Ops character, these boards abound with analysis of "what they're wearing" and "why they're doing that".   It's like some stupid glamour magazine.

CFL said:
Infanteer you know what I meant.

Yeh, I was just giving you a hard time.   You're lucky it was me and not one of the "Rangers" on this site!

Hoohah!

Back