• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

rucksacks.

Shes infantry, JLC qualified and all. When she gets home i‘d bet the farm she gets promoted to master corporal within 2 months.
Because she has so much experience from working in the CP the whole tour.

You have to download the catalogue. The 64pat ruck stuff is not on the site yet, but in there catalogue

As for getting a chit for a rucksack if I have to do that in order to use kit that works. Then maybe there is a bigger problem that higher ups don‘t know what works for there troops. So I assume no one out there has vibram soles or magnums either because you would need a chit for those and god knows "they" are garbage! (sarcasm)

I got a problem with my back from years of abuse. 5 years ago the physio guy gave me a chit for the jump ruck and vibram soles. Now, no problems. In certain cases it works. Haven‘t had a problem since. I do agree with everyone here about the abuses that happen with people crying until they get a chit. It‘s ridiculous. They make it so hard for the people with REAL problems to get actual help.

An chit for no PT for a year? GRRRRRR! :fifty:

I‘m allowed to wear one because I‘m a jumper. but really they don‘t care that much in my unit as per what you wear for rucksacks, so long as it was issued at some point in time. I think the 64 should be re-issued, I can carry the same amount of stuff as I do now in it, it‘s smaller, and much more comfortable. but that‘s just me.
Greg

I think the 64 ruck was designed with webbing in mind. The current ruck is not compadable with web gear. We just make do because we know how to adapt and overcome silliness from above.

Actually the 64, pattern ruck was designed to workl with the 64 pattern webbing (imagine that :D ) including removing the waterbottle and mess tin carriers from the web belt and attaching them to the ruck so it rode better on your back.

Of course on ATC the minute you got bumped you dropped the ruck and if you had your gear rigged the official way you lost your water bottle and the mess tin carrier which was a handy little pouch for all sorts of goodies (including mess tins I gues if you were new or stupid). So most of us left them attached to the belts.

The 84 web gear and ruck came out at the same time and in theory are supposed to be compatible. :confused: Although the 64 did work well with it, and still does.

And before anybody laughs at the fact that I‘m old enough to remeber 64 pattern webbing, the first stuff I was actually issued was the 58‘ pattern complete with bren gun pouches!!

I think every unit has a **** pump or two. It certainly makes it easier to do well when compared a worthless non-pt doing thud. I do watch with interest thier complete lack of career progression.

Originally posted by Danjanou:
[qb] Actually the 64, pattern ruck was designed to workl with the 64 pattern webbing (imagine that :D ) including removing the waterbottle and mess tin carriers from the web belt and attaching them to the ruck so it rode better on your back.

Of course on ATC the minute you got bumped you dropped the ruck and if you had your gear rigged the official way you lost your water bottle and the mess tin carrier which was a handy little pouch for all sorts of goodies (including mess tins I gues if you were new or stupid). So most of us left them attached to the belts.

The 84 web gear and ruck came out at the same time and in theory are supposed to be compatible. :confused: Although the 64 did work well with it, and still does.

And before anybody laughs at the fact that I‘m old enough to remeber 64 pattern webbing, the first stuff I was actually issued was the 58‘ pattern complete with bren gun pouches!! [/qb]
You humble all of us with your age. :D

I don‘t mean to be mean but Yeoman I read your profile your in 4 RCR the milita unit you are not a jumper you might be basic para qualified but you are not part of the para coy so as far as you having 64 pattern ruck because your a jumper, come on. Stop trying to impress people.
:sniper:

Originally posted by Yeoman:
[qb] I‘m allowed to wear one because I‘m a jumper. but really they don‘t care that much in my unit as per what you wear for rucksacks, so long as it was issued at some point in time. I think the 64 should be re-issued, I can carry the same amount of stuff as I do now in it, it‘s smaller, and much more comfortable. but that‘s just me.
Greg [/qb]

Back