• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves enrollment befor PLA complete

ColtG

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a red seal auto tech applying for reserves as a vehicle tech. My application is in the “ready for competition list” bin currently. In discussion with my recruiter, I was informed my prior learning assessment has not wrapped up but I have been asked to come in to enrol in a couple weeks and given a day and time for this(assuming there aren’t any issues) and told we will wait for it to complete after enrolment.

Anybody encountered this? Excited to finally enrol, hoping no issues arise between now and then that will put a stopper in this just curious as to whether this is something someone has experience with

This doesn't sound all that strange. This will give you the opportunity to get BMQ done and out of the way before trade trainings starts in the summer. That will also give them time to figure out what parts, if any, you still need to learn despite your red seal. I don't imagine you work on too many LAVs or G-wagons civvy side, and there may be some aspects of military vehicles that you still need to learn.

This doesn't sound all that strange. This will give you the opportunity to get BMQ done and out of the way before trade trainings starts in the summer. That will also give them time to figure out what parts, if any, you still need to learn despite your red seal. I don't imagine you work on too many LAVs or G-wagons civvy side, and there may be some aspects of military vehicles that you still need to learn.
We’ll that’s a relief, was a bit worried if they enrolled me now it would cause issues if the PLA wasn’t completed.
And yea we get some G-wagens but they’re all the AMG models and forsure not and LAVs, TAPVs or anything close. NATO also uses 24 volt systems on some stuff so I’ll forsure have to do some occupational training.

Thanks!

Back