• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Engr Sp Sqn in Chilliwack

Lots of speculation on the proposed new Composite Fd Sqn in CHWK.  MCG, would be nice to know, to whom I am responding to but here goes anyway.  As my last post at LFWAHQ in Edm, I was responsible for drafting up the ARFET (Army Res Field Eqpt Tables) for the new Sqn in ASU CHWK.  I have been out of the loop now for six months now that I am in Cold Lake.  The last I knew, the Sqn was to be a composite Sqn covering most aspects of Cbt Engr Sp functions such as MR/MFB, gen engr sp and some Hy eqpt capability.  Eqpt aquired will drive the final roll and outcome of this proposed Sqn.  This will evolve over the next several yrs.  Many details and orbat issues are still being ironed out.  Recruitment phase has already begun.  I was responsible for coord the move of the MR / MFB to Trail BC for later del to CHWK, although I did not agree with it.  That is another matter.  One thing is for sure; this is a long time coming.
Cheers.
CWO Mike Lacharite

I hope we (44th) don't end up losing out.

My concern is having access to equipment.

We ended up spending a pile of funds in the spring of 04 because someone high-up decided we couldn't have HLs. ::)

I never did hear all the details about that decision, but the civilian high-up and driver we got cost big time.

We used to have a compound full of MR, I wonder if it will come back after Coral Jump or if it's got a new home?

Of course MR sections without HLs and Boats aren't much use.

I just hope everything doesn't dissapear into the wack never to leave the lower mainland again.

Chimo

sdimock said:
....We used to have a compound full of MR, I wonder if it will come back after Coral Jump or if it's got a new home?....

id hope so seeing as were expected to build an MR for quarrel jump

as bridges go are there Accros and baileys down there?

Sorry zerhash,

I guess I wasn't clear, up until a few weeks ago we had a compound full of MR, said MR has gone down to Chiliwack for quarrel jump, I was wondering if it will come back to Trail for our use on the Columbia river or if it's new home will be in Chiliwack.

I'm not sure what we have planned for the winter wrt MR but with Kootenay Castle being in Yakima this year maybe it will sit in the wack until it goes south.

Chimo

SprCForr said:
BMaint/BSup wasn't sold. They are being maintained by the caretaker contract holder. Since it is right across the street from the ASG, it makes sense of a sort. Stranger things have happened. :-\
Correct, DND also still own the Op.C area and they still have the lecture rooms and Main. sheds up there.
Also still own Volks ranges,Slessee Demo Range along with other lands in the area.

The latest is a Reg. M.W.O. or W.O. and C.O. have already been slated for the new Sqn.

Plus rumour control has it there may be x number of Reg. operators attached.
As I said just rumour.

Spr.Earl said:
Yes folk's is has come to light that there will be a Reserve Support Engineer Sqn (Hvy Equip) moving into the old Base Maintenance Building and Compound in Chilliwack!!!
I have not heard yet what equipment will be moved in,yet but it has also been suggested the Reg.Force Engineer's will be using this site because of all year round training as the Reg.Force Unit's don't have this ability any were else in the country.

Er reactivation of the Wack in drib's and drab's?
I hope so!!

All from several VERY reliable source's!!!!!

This is great news, Spr.Earl! :)
It will be good to see Sappers posted to Chilliwack again! :salute:

Back