• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remuster Question

D

de Villers

Hi,
I found this site yesterday and I have a question about re-mustering.  I am currently BMQ trained and I am waiting on my QL3 training and I have heard that to be able to re-muster you have to be be in for one year and be QL3 trained.  I was wondering if this was true.
Thanks,
Julia

I heard the same before I re-mustered.
But the Sgt At my unit basically said "Yeah...that's what they say" then a week later I was going through the process of remustering.

Best bet is to talk to your immediate super, they'll take it up the chain.

I was just wondering if MOC's play a role in one's ability to remuster, I've heard this form a number of people but I can't seem to get a straight answer through my chain or the OR.  For example going from 215 to 043 and so on.  I've heard through the grape vine that I can only go "up "in MOC codes eg. 215 to 227 and so on.  Does LOTP cover this for me? They only seem to cater to the combat arms.

Maybe us CS weenies are just in the dark.

Cheerz

You haven't been sent out for some Grid Lines have you?

You can remuster to any Trade you want if it is open for remuster.  There is no math requirements in changing MOC codes.

GW

If there is a BPSO in Kingston, I'd hazard a guess that he would hold all the answers to you questions.

Blakey said:
If there is a BPSO in Kingston, I'd hazard a guess that he would hold all the answers to you questions.
For sure, just doing a bit of research on here first so I don't go in there completely clueless.  Thanks though.

I've been on a steady decrease since joining the CF, from 871 to 711 to 031, so there's no truth to that rumour.

combat_medic said:
I've been on a steady decrease since joining the CF, from 871 to 711 to 031, so there's no truth to that rumour.
P Res or Regs?

PRes, but I know several people who have done remusters in the same direction in the regs.

Back