• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Religious/Extremist Terrorism: Non-Muslim edition

Phone number and home address!
Do you remember the old Might Directory? It listed all of the above for you and your co-habitants including your adult children who lived at the listed residence. They also listed the employer's name and profession/occupation for all occupants of a residence as well. Many businesses bought them and used the information for credit and sales purposes. I believe they went out of production about 20 years ago but are still available in libraries.

Many businesses bought them and used the information for credit and sales purposes.

Emergency services also used them.

Do you remember the old Might Directory? It listed all of the above for you and your co-habitants including your adult children who lived at the listed residence. They also listed the employer's name and profession/occupation for all occupants of a residence as well. Many businesses bought them and used the information for credit and sales purposes. I believe they went out of production about 20 years ago but are still available in libraries.
I remember those massive books for the Toronto area.

Apparently the Proud Boys were found to be in violation of the Ku Klux Klan Act.

I wasn't aware the PB were busy lynching and burning?

Where did you read that?

Jul 1, 2023

WASHINGTON– Today, a judge ordered the Proud Boys and several of its leaders to pay more than $1 million for a racially-motivated attack on the Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church in December 2020. The Superior Court for the District of Columbia held that the defendants engaged in an unlawful conspiracy and violated federal and state civil rights laws, including the Ku Klux Klan Act and the D.C. hate crimes statute.

Where did you read that?

Jul 1, 2023

WASHINGTON– Today, a judge ordered the Proud Boys and several of its leaders to pay more than $1 million for a racially-motivated attack on the Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church in December 2020. The Superior Court for the District of Columbia held that the defendants engaged in an unlawful conspiracy and violated federal and state civil rights laws, including the Ku Klux Klan Act and the D.C. hate crimes statute.
I see it as overreach, the KKK were involved in Lynching, murders, burnings and attempting to influence government policy. The PB are at best a group of hooligans that have annoyed the wrong people, trespassed and broke a sign. By all means hit them with trespass, vandalism and a civil action. But this is overreach. The BLM whose sign was targeted are no better, perhaps worse. This is a trend of overreach by western governments which erodes the respect of people and is seen as a bludgeon to silence dissent.

I see it as overreach, the KKK were involved in Lynching, murders, burnings and attempting to influence government policy. The PB are at best a group of hooligans that have annoyed the wrong people, trespassed and broke a sign. By all means hit them with trespass, vandalism and a civil action. But this is overreach. The BLM whose sign was targeted are no better, perhaps worse. This is a trend of overreach by western governments which erodes the respect of people and is seen as a bludgeon to silence dissent.
Uh- what specifically are contending was an overreach in this specific case? This wasn’t a criminal prosecution, it was a civil lawsuit with the PBS and some of their individual leaders as defendants. They didn’t respond to the lawsuit or enter a defense, and so there was a default judgment against them. This was not an action or prosecution brought or commenced by the government. The actual written decision was linked a little bit upthread.

Since the Proud Boys were convicted under the Ku Klux Klan Act only a couple of days ago, the case that bankrupted the Klan may , or may not, be of interest to some readers.

Thanks for that, I was under the impression this was a criminal action. It took me a bit to find it "Section 1 (42 USC § 1983)" I am confused though, the church filed the compliant, but who is the enforcing agency?

Thanks for that, I was under the impression this was a criminal action. It took me a bit to find it "Section 1 (42 USC § 1983)" I am confused though, the church filed the compliant, but who is the enforcing agency?
I think it’s purely a civil matter- a lawsuit alleging torts and seeking damages. More or less the same as you or I could go to court and sue a contractor for ripping us off, or a dangerous driver for injuring us. There’s some hate-specific legislation that establishes some of the civil wrongs alleged, I believe, but it doesn’t creat an ‘offense’ that one must complain about to an investigating and charging agency. Caveat on this that I’ve not looked at it too closely.

Looks like RCMP made a couple terrorism arrests in Ottawa and Quebec today. One individual so far is charged with various terrorism offences pertaining to his participation in the activities of Atomwaffen Division, an extremist neo-Nazi group.

RCMP said:

Individual associated with Atomwaffen Division charged with terrorism and hate propaganda​

The RCMP arrested two individuals, one in Ottawa and another in Kingsey Falls, following an investigation led by the Integrated National Security Enforcement Team (INSET). In April 2020, INSET received information on individuals allegedly involved in the activities of the terrorist group Atomwaffen Division, linked to neo-Nazi ideology. At this stage of the investigation, Patrick Gordon Macdonald, 26, from Ottawa, is facing three charges under the Criminal Code:

• 83.18 – Participating in activity of a terrorist group
  • 83.19 – Facilitating terrorist activity
  • 83.2 – Commission of offence for terrorist group (wilful promotion of hatred (319(2))
This case is the first in Canada in which an individual advocating a violent far-right ideology has been charged with both terrorism and hate propaganda.

According to the investigation, Mr. Macdonald allegedly helped produce propaganda material for the benefit of the terrorist entity Atomwaffen Division. He allegedly participated in and facilitated the creation, production and distribution of three terrorist propaganda videos. This material was intended to promote the group and recruit members, and encourages the commission of terrorist activities.

Mr. Macdonald will appear at the Ottawa Courthouse on July 5. The second individual may face charges at a later date.

Ideologically motivated violent extremism​

The RCMP remains committed to countering ideologically motivated violent extremism. Several partners are working together to counter all forms of violent extremism and propaganda by groups listed as terrorist entities in Canada. The public's assistance is essential to combat this major issue, which is a national priority.

Looks like RCMP made a couple terrorism arrests in Ottawa and Quebec today. One individual so far is charged with various terrorism offences pertaining to his participation in the activities of Atomwaffen Division, an extremist neo-Nazi group.
This is not surprising. Most of these guys are losers in the real world.

I wonder what his employment was. Artist? Failed chicken farmer? Ice cream salesman?

This is not surprising. Most of these guys are losers in the real world.

I wonder what his employment was. Artist? Failed chicken farmer? Ice cream salesman?
Media sources have him operating a small graphic design company run out of his parents house

Media sources have him operating a small graphic design company run out of his parents house
Oh really - how interesting - how old is this guy?

I am also wondering what his high school peers thought of him. And his teachers. And any jobs he had prior to this.

Oh really - how interesting - how old is this guy?
26 as per the release and most news sources.
I am also wondering what his high school peers thought of him. And his teachers. And any jobs he had prior to this.
This is just breaking news so details will likely be coming.

Vice did a piece on this guy apparently a few years ago.

While the lawsuit is a civil matter, one (at least one, there might be others) of the defendants in the case was also arrested, charged and convicted for criminal actions associated with that PBs march through downtown DC that resulted in vandalism and damage to two African American churches. The arrest warrant for that on Enrique Tarrio (the PBs' leader) was one of the reasons why he wasn't physically present in DC for the Jan 6 Capitol Hill action.

And even that story has a twist.

D.C. police lieutenant indicted on charge of tipping off Proud Boy Enrique Tarrio about arrest​

After Jan. 6, Lt. Shane Lamond said he supported the group and didn't "want to see your group’s name or reputation dragged through the mud," an indictment alleged.

May 19, 2023,
WASHINGTON — A Metropolitan Police Department lieutenant who supervised the intelligence branch of the Washington, D.C., police was indicted this week, charged with tipping off former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio about a pending warrant for his arrest just ahead of the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Tarrio, the former chair of the Proud Boys, was recently found guilty of seditious conspiracy in connection with the Capitol attack, along with other members of the far-right group. Tarrio was not in Washington on Jan. 6 after his arrest in connection with the burning of a Black Lives Matter banner, as he was banned from the city by a judge the day before the attack.

Shane Lamond, 47, was indicted on one count of obstruction of justice and three counts of making false statements, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia said Friday. A federal grand jury charged Lamond with obstructing the investigation into the burning of the banner Dec. 12, 2020, when the Proud Boys were roaming the streets of Washington for a pro-Trump event.

Between July 2019 and January 2021, Tarrio and Lamond communicated "at least 500 times using cloud-based messaging services, including Google Voice, Apple iMessages, and Telegram, an encrypted messaging application," the indictment said. They sent approximately 145 messages using a secret chat function on Telegram that causes messages to disappear, the indictment charged, adding “at least 101 of these messages were destroyed.”

Lamond was in communication with Tarrio about the banner investigation and advised Tarrio that he told another unit within the police department, trying to convince them that the Proud Boys weren't racist, the indictment said.

"I told them you are made up a lot of Latinos and blacks so not a racist thing. If anything I said it's political but then I drew attention to the Trump and American flags that were taken by Antifa and set on fire," Lamond wrote in a message contained in the indictment. "I said all those would have to be classified as hate crimes too."

Lamond sent a similar message to an official with the U.S. Capitol Police, also cited by the indictment, saying that he'd told his colleagues that if they charged Tarrio with a hate crime, they'd have to charge what he called "Antifa hate crimes." (There's no federal law that makes politically motivated attacks a hate crime, but Washington law does allow for a sentencing enhancement if a locally charged crime can be proven to be based on the "political affiliation of a victim.")

While on a flight from Miami to the Washington area Jan. 4, 2021, Tarrio relayed information he received from Lamond about his pending warrant to another person, the grand jury said. Tarrio was arrested when he arrived in Washington the same day.

After the Jan. 6 attack, Lamond and Tarrio continued communicating, with Tarrio telling Lamond he thought he "could have stopped this whole thing," meaning the Capitol attack, in another message cited by the indictment.

Lamond said Jan. 8 that he hoped that none of the Proud Boys would be arrested, according to the indictment.

"Of course I can't say it officially, but personally I support you all and don't want to see your group's name or reputation dragged through the mud," he said in that message.

Lamond will be arraigned before U.S. Magistrate Judge Zia Faruqui on Friday.

Latest on this dude ...

Latest on this dude ...

I love the long sentences for this scum... But why not just take him out in the Texas wilderness, put him down and let nature have his remains?

I love the long sentences for this scum... But why not just take him out in the Texas wilderness, put him down and let nature have his remains?
He pled guilty to the federal hate crimes charges in exchange for an assurance that the feds would not seek the death penalty. He is still pending trial on state court for the actual mass murders and could get death for that.

Really weird, but I’ve actually been to that Wal Mart. February 2008, we did workup training in Ft Bliss, and got an afternoon out in town after the exercise wrapped. A buddy and I bought some beers there to fire back in the parking lot and then sneak the rest into the adjacent movie theatre. I even remember commenting on how bizarre it was that inside the store was a ‘no firearms in the liquor section’ sign. Pretty messed up looking back…

Back