• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regimental choice and a couple of questions

F

Fideo

HI guys...

I'm in the application process and would like some regimental information on the QORs and the 48th Highlanders. Here is the reason. Yesterday  I made my decision to the QORs and I'm still very happy with it. Ive tracked down my friend of my previous employment and he is a Cpl with the Highlanders. He been pointing out from his knowledge the good points of both regiments and invited me to go and see (I'm not sure of rank) MC pl... for the regiment or specific recruiter to attain the good points of the Highlanders in comparison to the QORs. Since Ill be in the same building I plan to see the QORs as well. My dilemma is that as much as Id like to be with him....I'm my own man and I'm truly ecstatic about the QORs....there is also 2 more boys from my previous employment going into the Highlanders one already doing his basic training and there other getting lagged a bit due to his credit. All three Ive worked with before..all have some basic form of military knowledge....I have none but eager to learn. Is there such instances where I can just pop in an get an explanation of all the Pros and Cons of both regiments....see I attained my application from my local CFRC and have not seen the building yet...regardless I wouldn't mind some personal input from some staff of the regiments....I truly appreciate that.

secondly is the credit check- I'm 25 and had my share of collection agencies give me calls. I fully understand the reason for a credit check and don't have a problem abiding by it. I just wanna know how serious the issue is if you payed all of em and are clear now.TY

Finally...is the Employment History....Are they gonna contact my previous employers...just curious for heads up purpose since I still have a rapport with some of em for employment references.

Thank guys for all the input I greatly appreciate it......I probably plan to go and see both regiments tomorrow....thanks again. :cdn:

hmm You quote Hendrix,   You quote El Che.....You have a couple friends that are 48th.....

Trust me I think you know what regiment I will say to join....it is in the cards.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
hmm You quote Hendrix, You quote El Che.....You have a couple friends that are 48th.....

Trust me I think you know what regiment I will say to join....it is in the cards.

dileas

tess
lol well said....Im leaning towards the same answer I think. I just wanna go take a look at the Armoury tomorrow and talk to some people. Then Ill begin the application. Great regimental motto as well. I hope to have a cerveza with you someday. Cheers :cdn:

secondly is the credit check- I'm 25 and had my share of collection agencies give me calls. I fully understand the reason for a credit check and don't have a problem abiding by it. I just wanna know how serious the issue is if you payed all of em and are clear now.TY

You answered your own question.   As long as everything has been taken off you should be okay.

Finally...is the Employment History....Are they gonna contact my previous employers...just curious for heads up purpose since I still have a rapport with some of em for employment references.

Normally no but if something comes up in the intereview or by review of your application that needs clarification the counsellor may call them.

kincanucks said:

You answered your own question.  As long as everything has been taken off you should be okay.

Normally no but if something comes up in the intereview or by review of your application that needs clarification the counsellor may call them.

Thank you Kincanucks....I was a lost until I found this site when four days back....began swinging around between two regiments to learn more about them...and read many of your posts in regards to questions made. I'm glad you answered a question of mine so I can formally thank you for the advice given to new recruits and other individuals. I'm happy to say I went to the Armoury today and made my decision on the regiment. Today I officially begin my application process.

One more thing...why is it that some people decide to address their regiment and others don't.(I'm still trying to get acquainted with all the acronyms so it might be me lol) But Id be really proud to notify of my selection however...I don't wanna toot the horn until I'm officially in.  Sorry for the ignorance but your talking to an individual who is very (Green) so for now my only acquaintance army related issues are the ones found in the posts I read. Thanks again.  :cdn:

I'm happy to say I went to the Armoury today and made my decision on the regiment. Today I officially begin my application process.

And the answer is......

dileas

tess

LOL...The answer is 48th Highlanders of Canada....I went in yesterday morning...didn't wanna disturb during parade night and had a chat with the recruiter and I told him my story. He gave me the package with all pertinent information. Now is off to my high school on Monday for my transcripts..I hope they remember me..Oh yeah and I'm shaving my head today cause the thought of a a mild but imminent runway on the top of my head doesn't appeal to me anymore  :p              :cdn:

good man good man.

Hint...don't shave it all off.....gotta still look good for the ladies....

dileas

tess

Ahhh the ladies....how I love the ladies. Yea your right thought about the hair. Plus I don't think I have one of those heads that looks good shaved. Its sure gonna be nice waking up tomorrow and not worrying about combming my hair though. Cheers  :cdn:

Hey Reg by the way in the application it says entry plan....what do they mean by that ? 

dunno,

Ask Ace Duncan...err.. Sgt. Duncan in recruiting, he is patient.....

I joined in '88 so I can't remember the application questionnaire...

dileas

tess

Fideo said:
Ahhh the ladies....how I love the ladies. Yea your right thought about the hair. Plus I don't think I have one of those heads that looks good shaved. Its sure gonna be nice waking up tomorrow and not worrying about combming my hair though. Cheers   :cdn:

Hey Reg by the way in the application it says entry plan....what do they mean by that ?    

Don't worry about it or write Res NCM

kincanucks said:
Don't worry about it or write Res NCM

Thanks for the advice. They outta call you KING Canuck.

Ahhhgrrr I looked in the posts to see if I could answer my own question but I couldn't find any answers to this one...I don't wanna start a new thread as I'm sure its pretty straight forward.What is the difference in the sub-component of the reserves...Primary Reserves in contrast to Supplementary Reserves ? Thanks in advance.  :cdn:

the 48th regulator said:
Hint...don't shave it all off.....gotta still look good for the ladies....

lol, I've been shaving my head since I've been elementary, and the ladies don't seem to mine the baldness all that much...  ;D

the 48th regulator said:
I joined in '88 so I can't remember the application questionnaire...

Did you do SYEP 88? I joined with the QORofC that summer and we had a few excellent recruits from the 48th mixed in with us. I still remember most of their names I think.

Hey Blindspot whats your definition of an excellent recruit. Just curious. I'm in the application process right now for the 48Th's and have no previous military experience. I don't mean to sound ignorant...just wondering how I can better myself if I get in. Thanks Cheers. :cdn:

Did you do SYEP 88? I joined with the QORofC that summer and we had a few excellent recruits from the 48th mixed in with us. I still remember most of their names I think.

Damn right, in blackdown Park, Borden.   I am Tescione

dileas

tess

Fideo said:
Hey Blindspot whats your definition of an excellent recruit. Just curious. I'm in the application process right now for the 48Th's and have no previous military experience. I don't mean to sound ignorant...just wondering how I can better myself if I get in. Thanks Cheers. :cdn:

By no means am I an expert on what makes an excellent recruit. I can only offer my opinion and alot of it is really common sense. I believe an excellent recruit will maintain a positive, never-quit attitude; they will have an inherent understanding of why they are there and what it means within the scope of their lives; they will acknowledge any limitations they possess and strive to become better, asking for help when it is required and giving freely of help to the weaker guy; they will be assertive and quick to make decisions; they will be fit enough to carry out what is expected of them. An excellent recruit will understand that what they have learned, overcome and accomplished can be used to carry on with being an excellent person.

A really excellent recruit will buy beer for his buddies.  ;D

Yeah...I think my question was a vague one at that sorry....but thats an excellent opinion regardless. I havent been through the physical rigours as of yet...so I just wanna see what character attributes I can contribute to for now. Cheers.  :cdn:

Back