• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recognition

Amsdell

Inactive
Reaction score
My husband just arrived in Kentucky with my CF-issued duffel bag which I lent to him for his trip.  He emailed me to tell me that so far he had people both saluting and congradulating him.  It reminded me of back when I was first looking to get to my unit I showed a busdriver the printout of the area map that had the unit's name and insignia on it.  The busdriver's tone, upon realizing where I was going, became respectful and laced with admiration.  It really touched me.

Have you had any special treatment and recognition while in your uniform or, as in my husband's case, with something that identifies you as in the military?

Hmmmm.... must be an important bag!... my luggage has never ben given the red carpet treatment (x-cept when it went to Atlanta while I went to Nassau)

Seriously though,
I've had little old ladies give me a "thumbs up" as I walked past her
I've had (to the chagrin of my significant other) plenty of women smile & wave
(yeah it was my fault - I was walking down the street with a smile on my face-I encouraged em::warstory::)
I've had bouncers thank me for helping em get a grip of some military & non-military rowdies

Be positive, show confidence, make em happy to be dealing with ya.... the world is your oyster 

On my way home on HLTA from the sandbox the guy sitting next to me said "Welcome home and have a belated Merry Christmas" during the last tour.

Felt kinda funny....

Got rushed through customs as well (rushed is a POV...we were still inspected, just pushed to the front of the line).

A sea of barrack boxes and we were pretty much searched as we moved through....mind you the civvies behind us were not pleased at all.

Can still hear the shrill yelp of some middle aged woman shreiking "Why are they so damn special?"

The customs agent looked at her and said " They are home for Xmas from Afghanistan....and what have you done lately? "

I left the terminal with a smile.....

Regards

Recce By Death said:
The customs agent looked at her and said " They are home for Xmas from Afghanistan....and what have you done lately? "

Thats Awsome...    ;D

thank god the customs boys have divorced from the "revenooers"

good one!

Chimo!

Back