• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Really stupid question but i need to know!

Righty

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Alright this past Saturday I was sworn in and did the rest of my paperwork. Well my course was given an assignment to do. It‘s a 400 word autobiograpghy about ourselves. The Lt. told us to handwrite it in block letters (all capitals). Thing is, is that it looks wierd when you write it in all capital letters, so i‘m starting to wonder if I can print it in all block letters or when he said hand written did he mean just write it out but dont use a computer.

What should I do? He said if it‘s done wrong we‘ll have to re-do it!!!

When in doubt ask a higher up or just deal with it looking weird I suck at writeing to so I feel your pain

All capital letters? That‘s just stupid.

Just write it neat and legible.

Originally posted by Righty:
[qb] What should I do? He said if it‘s done wrong we‘ll have to re-do it!!! [/qb]
It‘s probably an exercise in seeing who‘ll actually follow instructions.

Just do what you were told and you‘ll be fine.

Don‘t worry same thing happened to me on SQ, then i got chewed out by the CSM because he said i write like a little girl with parkinson‘s disease-small and shaky, so all i had to do was write it out and hand it in the next weekend. they just want to see if you can follow directions and they want to get to know what kind of person you are outside of the military-don‘t sweat it, and DO NOT swear in them-but that‘s another story for another time.

im thinking of just handing it in with all capital letters printed not in cursve...should i do it in all capital letters in cursve?

The autobiography is often an exercise in futility. Almost every single course I‘ve taken I‘ve had to do them at least a couple times. Follow your instructions to the letter, have the neatest handwriting in your course, and chances are you‘ll still have to do it again. Just don‘t let it bother you, and try to follow all the directions exactly.

If they ask you to write it backwards in spanish, replacing every third letter with the "&" symbol, then do it, whether it makes sense to you or not.

exactly...

its one of those things you just have to do..

and yes. we know it looks stupid all in capitals.. but if its the reserves that your in, then definatly do it EXACTLY LIKE THEY ASKED... EVEN THOUGH CAPITAL LETTERS LOOK SILLY LIKE THIS, IT‘S JUST PART OF THE GAME.

just write a little bit about you, what you do in school, what you would like to do with your life, what you would like to do in the army. keep it simple to the point and professional. dont try to be funny.. NCO‘s have no sense of humor anyways.. (joke) but yeah, they wont be laughing if you put jokes in there..

good luck

Well i just came back from my first day at reserve BMQ....

He gooked us all.... I had to redo it

Back