• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCR hopes to expand museum

James

Inactive
Reaction score
I saw this article in today's London Free Press.

It's a shame the museum doesn't receive much traffic these days. I took a trip through it a couple years ago with my brother. I enjoyed it, learned a few new things, like how trenches were set up in WWI.

I also bought the two books that outline the history of the unit. But unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to go through them.

I'm thinking of making a donation for the expansion project. I'd love to see it expand and thrive.

Fighting for Respect by Patrick Maloney

And Kudos to our Very own!!!  :salute:

The fight for recognition may never end. Lord knows that these days, 125 years after the Royal Canadian Regiment was formed, the London-based military institution still doesn't get the national respect of its contemporaries.

"It's the fabled Princess Patricias, it's the famed Van Doos," says Capt. Michael O'Leary, walking through the historic Wolseley Barracks on Oxford Street.

"The RCR doesn't get those adjectives."

The perceived national slight hurts, coming as it does despite the fact the RCR has sent soldiers to every major conflict in Canadian history.

Despite the fact it's older than some provinces, having been established in 1883.

dileas

tess

Back