• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

rcmp vison

jdmoney

Inactive
Reaction score
I passed the RPAT with a 4.4/5 and have been selected to move on. I'm done filling out all of the papers and am ready to send them in. My question is in regards to colour vision. On the forms it says you need to pass the Farnsworth 15D or you do not meet the vision standards. My vision is perfect aside from the fact that i failed the farnsworth. Although i failed the Dr. said that it wasn't that bad (mild) and that he had heard of people with the same situation or worse getting accepted. I called the recruiting office and they said they have their own Dr look at the results. I was wondering if anyone on the force has ever known of anyone with the same type of situation getting accepted or knows how the actual process of their own test review goes. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

If they said that they have a Dr. for the recruiting (medical) process, then they will listen and only listen to their Doctor. Farnsworth is THE test to find out who is colorblind. LE is pretty stiff on medical points... especially color vision. So you will have to wait the verdict of their Doctor... Yes some guys in the force are colorblind... (Even a guy in the bomb squad somewhere in Quebec hahaha) but they are 50 years old and color vision wasn't a trouble in ''their time!'' But now, it is a different story.

Good luck.

A HS student that was taking his testing the same day I was for the CF is Color Blind. The Med Tech's there told him to buy a lottery ticket, because not only was he color blind, but when doing the color blindness test he had it perfectly backwards (which I over heard the med tech say was near to impossible).

Back