• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick Questions

bomber12

Inactive
Reaction score
I've searched and went throught a crap load of topics but my question hasn't been answered completely.

I am now 21 and have only got my grade 10 (dropped out in grade 12 stupid me), I have tried numerous times to get my GED but failed on doing so do to me working away from home. My question is if I do better on the CFAT than people with grade 12 will I be further down the list of selection than people with grade 12 just because I only have grade 10? I am wanting to go infantry and do 5 years. I would like to talk to a recruiter but there isn't one where I live or even close to where I live. Is the online chat on the Canadain Forces website useful or should I call?

Initial infantry contract is 3 years, then you can sign again for another 3 years, after that it's a 19 year contract.  They will sometimes allow a one year contract extension if your current one is about to expire and there is a deployment coming up that would go past your expiration date.  Recruiters have toll free phone numbers.  I don't know about the online chat, but they do answer email as well.

I have used the online chat option on the website to good effect and the person on the other end was extremely helpful. However, as we all know, online communication can lead to some misunderstandings, especially over forums and chat sessions. To avoid all that, give them a call and get all your questions sorted out.

Thanks for the replies. I am going to check out the online chat and call a recruiting office. I live in Northern BC and I do not want to have to go to Vancouver or Victoria to talk to a recruiter (I would prefer to go inperson), is there a recruiting office in Prince George? I looked on the Canadian Forces website and they never mentioned one. Anyone around that area know?

CFRC Vancouver often sends out recruiting teams so find out when they are going to be in your area and that way you won't have to travel too far. Give them a call.

CFR FCS

Back